Prompt 25

Pinterest is amazing. Anyway, I hope this comes out early enough after 24 'cause I'm writing it while I'm writing 24 so I won't forget Wtf the prompt was. Anyway, thank u for reading! I love you guys! Stay safe and be kind <3

(Spoiler alert.... It's been 11 days)

Nico

"Will, I'm ho..." My voice trailed off as I took in the sight around me. Our apartment walls were covered ceiling to floor in Christmas decorations. My jaw hung open as I dropped my stuff on the hardwood floor by the door.

"Will?" I called, finally finding my voice. I walked down the short hallway, my hands immediately going to the pockets of my Black Parade sweatshirt. 

My eyes roamed the kitchen when I stepped in, my arms held out in case I fell. "Holy Hera-"

"Do you not like it?" A frantic voice sounded behind me. I turned to see my boyfriend, dust in his very mused blond hair and a nervous glint in his eyes. "Because I can take it down or..." His voice trailed off as he noticed the growing grin on my lips.

"It's awesome," I assured him, walking over to give him a gentle peck on the lips. "I just don't know if I want to kiss you or shove you off a bridge because this is going to take ages to take down once New Years is over."

"Can I pick?" Will asked softly, a slight squeak tinting his tone. I laughed and pushed his shoulder playfully, reaching up to kiss him again.

"What's with all this anyway?" I asked when we pulled away, gesturing to all the decorations that must've taken all day to put up.

That's probably why he called in sick to work this morning... I realized, trying to focus on Will's answer.

"Well... you know how Bianca..." I flinched. He was referring to her death. Unfortunately on Christmas Day. But, I was mostly at peace with her death. Though the thought of her still made me sad, especially if it's unexpected.

"Sorry," Will bowed his head. I offered an assuring smile and squeezed his hand.

"It's ok." And I meant it. I wasn't mad or really deeply sad because of the mention, though I can be sometimes. I was at peace and I knew if I thought about this too much I wouldn't be. I also wanted to hear him out anyway.

"Well," Will started again. "Instead of Christmas being sad, I wanted you to be happy. I know you say you're better now, but I know it still hurts. So I thought I'd surprise you."

I had to blink back tears at how sweet he was being. I always thought before I met Will that no one would ever care for me the way Bianca had. "T-thank you," I mumbled, pulling him into a tight hug.

"Anytime, Death Boy," Will's voice was muffled by my hair. I smiled wider and dug my head deeper in the gold fabric of his Cabin 7 sweatshirt, trying to keep the blush off my face. (I failed.)

Will pulled away with a kiss to my forehead. He took my hand without explanation and pulled me over to an empty tree in the living room. I chucked at his sudden antics.

Will pulled over a box of lights and a box of old ornaments I didn't even know we had. "I thought we could decorate the tree together," He looked down at a red ball in his hands, fidgeting with it, a blush painting his freckled cheeks. I took the ornament from his hands gently and pecked his cheek.

"I would love to," I whispered in his ear, slowly going back down from my tippy-toes. He smiled and grabbed the end of one of the light strands, pulling it out of the box. I helped him unravel it and together we wrapped the tree, joking with each other.

Normally Christmas brings a lot of mixed feelings. This year though, I was determined to try and be happy. Which kind of goes against my usual style, but for the sake of my sister, I didn't want to dwell too much on the past. I can't change the fact that she died, but I can tell people about how amazing she was in her too short of a life and I can do it with my favorite people beside me.