Prompt 30

Sry this took a couple extra days than normal (pfftt- there's a normal and consistent update schedule) I had a soccer playoff thing a couple days ago (WE WON!!!! AHHH!!!) and I keep getting distracted. Anyway! I hope you enjoy,

Stay kind and be safe <3

Love yal - Callie

Will (UNEDITED)

I pushed the door to Nico and mine's favorite café (coffee date spot) the smell of coffee and baked good hitting my nose like a bus. Nico sat down at the small two person booth we always sit at, while I went to order for the both of us.

"What can I get for you today?" The girl at the counter, maybe 19 or so, asked me. She had pink, cropped hair with purple poking through underneath. She wore a cropped AC/DC shirt and ripped jeans. Her face was pale with freckles scattered and green-blue eyes covered by glasses. Her name tag read Leilah.

"Two medium coffees, please, one with sugar and skim milk, one just black." Leilah nodded, tapping a tablet in front of her, a click sound coming from her acrylic nails.

"Anything else?" She looked up, eyes slightly wide with question. She seemed cool and one of the people here who weren't assholes.

"Just a apple scone and a toasted everything bagel with cream cheese." I've ordered here so many times, I've learned to always be specific so the person taking your order knows exactly what to do.

"Ok," Leilah nodded once more after another 30 seconds of tapping. "That'll be 14 dollars and 67 cents, please." I handed her $15 and gave her the rest of the change, plus another two dollars because I thought she was cool.

"Thank you," I said with a smile before walking over to the small area at the left end of the long counter where you wait for your food.

About 7-ish minutes later, I had both coffees in hand along with Nico's scone and my bagel. I sat down with a soft thump, handing Mr. Sunshine his stuff.

"Thank you," he mumbled, a rare content smile turning the corners of his mouth, a loving look in his eyes. He sipped his coffee and hummed, then leaned down to get his sketchbook out of his bag. I took out my laptop to try to cram a little bit of studying before the start of the week of exams.

I made it five minutes before half of my coffee was gone, a quarter of my bagel eaten, and I was distracted. It was a reasonable distraction though, to me anyway. It was Nico.

His faded black Black Flag t-shirt, grey jean jacket, and black ripped jeans looked especially hot on him today. His long messy hair, that still somehow looked tamed, covered his eyes like bangs as his head was tilted down.

His hand flew masterfully over his sketchbook, pencil between his fingers. His fingers flipped the pencil quickly every now and then to erase and redraw a line. His eyes moved along with his hand, but they were zoned out as if he knew what he was doing as he watched and commanded his hand, but was in another world.

I lost track of time and the world around me eventually faded into a blur. It was only me and Nico. I could've stared at him for hours, though unfortunately, Nico looked up. I didn't notice this until he snapped his fingers in front of my eyes twice for my attention.

I jumped and shook my head once, clearing my throat. "H-Hi," I stuttered, resting my chin on my hand, elbow on the hard wood of the table, trying to look natural.

"You okay?" Nico asked slowly. His pencil was still in  his hand, but both rested gently on his drawing.

"Khhm-" I cleared my throat again. I could feel my face flushing warm. I hoped it wasn't as red as it felt. "Y-Yeah. I'm fine. Why?" My words were too quick and I knew he picked up on it.

"You were staring at me... really spaced out..?" Nico's words were skeptical and concerned as if he thought I thought something was wrong. It would make sense for him to think that, as I look angry or tense when zone out.

"I...I just- You are really pretty to look at," I finally admit, sitting back up. My face is definitely tomato red now. Nico giggled, shocking me because one, Nico Di Angelo never giggled in public, as his is quite unquote "the Ghost King" and two, I thought he'd think me weird for my actions.

Soon, I'm laughing too, at my actions and Nico's giggle, causing Nico to really start laughing. People end up giving us looks or simply stare, so I try to stifle my hiccupy-giggle, and I end up sounding kind of like a Guinea Pig. We end up calming down, enough to not disturb people, with heaving breaths.

"You're pretty too," Nico says softly after a couple minutes of comfortable, happy silence. I smile like an idiot at his compliment and lean over the table to pull him into a short, but sweet, kiss.