Prompt 23

Two updates in one day! Look at me! It kinda doesn't count though because this was mostly finished anyway. I just need an ending. But, this was a prompt from something on google.  I kinda lost the picture of it. Hehe- sry

Trigger warning: slur (literally one slur... said once)

Nico

"Nico, what are you doing?" Will asked me as he followed me through the halls.

"Using the laser printer in the art room." I deadpanned, taking out a bobby pin I'd pinned to my pocket earlier. I picked the lock to room 221 and swung open the door. Will followed me in, a blubbering mess.

"Y-you- you can't do this! It's after hours!"

"And yet you followed me here." I switched the printer on and put in my design. It was small and would be ready by the morning. I knew the art teacher wouldn't mind setting it aside for me in the morning. I had already talked to him and he agreed to let me do it. I just had to keep it in the down low.

"Well, I'm your boyfriend. It's my job to keep you out of trouble." Will shut off the printer.

"I'm not going to get in trouble. I talked to Mr. J today. He just said because of the school's budget I'd have to do it after hours." I turned the printer back on.

"You know you can't get away with this."

"Watch me." I looked up at him with an "evil" smirk. I continued my work, satisfied, when a look of concern washed over my boyfriend's face.

"Neeks."

"Hm?"

"I don't want you to get in trouble. You know you're already one more catch away from getting suspended. You know, after getting into that fight that kid, then yelling at that teacher."

"Yeah, Will, I know. And also, that kid called you a fagot, which I would fight anyone who called you that, and that teacher was nagging me about my parents. It's apparently my fault ones a god (who I have to presume dead because mortals) and one actually died. Oo! And it's my fault my sister's dead too."

Will stayed silent for a moment. "I'm sorry." He spoke quietly.

"No, it's not your fault. And you're right. I should be more careful. I'm sorry for yelling at you."

"It's ok. And just so you know it's not your fault either. You didn't ask for the life you got." Will moved around the printer to kiss my cheek. "So, partner in crime, what're you making?"

"Something for Hades. It turns out gods have birthdays. Even though they don't pay attention to them, you know, immortality and all, I thought I'd still make him something. I designed the whole thing myself."

Will's mouth fell open. "Whoooaaa..." I didn't understand why he was making such a big deal. It was a simple skull drawing, I did with charcoal, and it had slightly detailed flowers etched in. I only needed the laser printer to make a custom frame and acrylic to frame the skull.

"I knew you could draw, Neeks, but this," he pointed at the drawing. "this is next level." His head popped up a second later as if he'd just thought of a really good idea.

"No." I answered before he could open his mouth. Will pouted.

"You don't even know what I was gonna say."

"Fine. What were you gonna say?" I wiped my hands on my pants as the printer whirled to life.

"You should go to art school!"

"No."

"Why not?"

"No."

"But you're so good at art!" Will sighed dramatically.

"Shush! We're gonna get caught!" I hissed at him. The sound of footsteps came down the hall. "Shit!"

"I-wha- wha-" Will stuttered, panicking. "What do we do?"

"Just follow me!" I whisper-yelled at him. I took his hand and pulled him to the door on the other side of the room. There were two security guards walking down the hall.

"I think there was a noise from the art studio." One of them said. "Let's check it out."

"Shit." I whispered. Will opened his mouth to speak. "No." I put my finger to his lips. "Follow me."

I unlocked the door and slid through shutting it silently behind Will and locking it again, just as the guards entered the room.

I took Will's hand again and pulled him to an empty locker. "Why aren't we leaving?!" Will shouted under his breath.

"I still need to finish my project!" I pulled him up with me in the locker and closed it almost all the way. I left a gap as big as my pinky so we could still get out.

"Won't they know someone has been in there?" Will's warm breath danced across my cheek. I could feel the heat creep over my face and I was sure I was bright red. I was suddenly thankful for the darkness as I continued to process the close proximities.

"No, they'll think the art teacher is doing it for a student or something. The only thing I left in there was my drawing. I hid my bag in case this happened. Now shush!"

We waited in silence, our breath mingling as we listened for any sign of movement. Well, I tried to listen. I was quite focused on how Will and I were squished together in the tight space.

"Can we leave now?" Will whispered, his breath tickling my face again. I felt my face grow redder and I hoped it was still dark enough for him to not see.

"Hold on..." I put a finger to his lips, looking away, trying to listen further. I heard footsteps, but they were getting more and more quiet until there was nothing at all.

"I..." I was about to say that we could leave, but Will'a intense stare held back my words. I swallowed hard as I tried and failed to speak.

I didn't realize that Will was moving forward, not the walls closing in, until his lips landed soft and smooth on mine. It took me a second to kiss him back, but soon my hands found his hair and my mouth moved in sync with his.

He pulled away after a couple seconds leaving me gaping like a fish out of water. "Whoa..." He breathed out after catching his breath.

"I never thought our first actual kiss, not just a peck on the lips, would happen in a locker. Nor would I have thought we'd be hiding from school security." I muttered stupidly. Will chuckled.

"Me neither." He breathed out. His hand still rested on my cheek, his thumb lightly tracing my jaw. I found myself grabbing the collar of his shirt and pulling him back to me.

Will grunted in surprise, but didn't break away. We stayed like that for who knows how long. I just knew that I wouldn't have time to check on my project again before we went home.

I'm not happy with the ending. It feels kinda empty somehow. I hope you ppl like it tho! Have a good day/night and stay safe :)