Chapter 48: Welcome to the world

Eight months later, on October 15, 2009: 

Rory is breathing hard as sweat is pouring down her face. She is not very happy, and she is in a lot of pain. She has been in labor for over six hours, and she is so exhausted.  

Tristan has been by her side since the moment they arrived. He has refused to leave her, and he has done everything to help her.

Rory is sweating, and she just can't get comfortable. They have her hooked to a baby monitor to monitor her contractions, she is just miserable. 

Four hours later:

After hours of labor and a lot of pushing, they hear the sweetest sound of his little cry, as he entered the world. Rory breathes a sigh of relief that it's finally over. Their son is here, and she can rest now. She lays her head back as a tear falls down her cheek. 

The doctor holds their son up, "Mr. and Mrs. Dugray, here is your son. The nurses are going to clean him up and measure him. Then she will bring him to you."

"Thank you, doctor." He smiled at Rory as he leaned down and kissed her. He wiped her face with a washcloth, and then they hugged. 

A few minutes later, the nurse walked over and handed them their son, "he is very healthy, he weighs six pounds, three ounces, and was twenty inches long. Congratulations, mom and dad, he is very handsome." She handed him to Rory.

Rory cried as she laid her eyes on their son, "he looks like you, Tris. Oh my goodness, he is ours, we created him. He's so perfect look at his tiny little fingers and his tiny toes. Tristan, I never knew I could love someone this much, I mean, I love you, but..."

"You love him more, I know the feeling. He is absolutely perfect, we did good, baby really good. I never thought I could love anyone more than I loved you, but this little guy takes love to a whole new level."

"I agree, babe. You ready to hold your son, Zeke, this handsome man is your daddy." She held him up, and Tristan laid him in his arms.  

He stood there holding his son, a child that had been created from his and Rory's love. Their child that they would raise, and a child that would be totally dependent on him and Rory. He did look exactly like him, he could see little things that come from Rory. 

He had her eye shape right now his eyes were a dark blue, but they had the shape of his mother's and the way his bone structure was, it was shaped like Rory's. He had Rory's toes they were so tiny.

He was the most beautiful child he had ever seen, he looked like an angel as he looked into his son's eyes. Nothing would ever compare to the feeling he had for his son, their son. Rory had given him the most precious gift that could ever be given, a child. 

He smiled over at Rory as she watched her husband with their son. He leaned down and kissed her forehead, and rubbed her cheek.

"Thank you, Rory. Thank you for loving me enough to give me a child, a child born of love, there is no way I could ever repay you for this gift of love. He is our perfect tiny human, he is our gift from god, and he will forever be a living example of pure love. Rory, I will spend the rest of my life trying to repay you for this, I love you so much, baby girl."

"Yes, he is, and Tristan, he is our gift, there is nothing to repay. We created him from our love, and we will always love him. Our child is a perfect example of pure love, and I am thankful to you as well because you helped create him. I am so proud to be his mom and your wife. I love you, Tris, so much."  

"Alright, Mr. and Mrs. Dugray, we are going to move you to your suite, we would like for mommy and daddy to have some bonding time together, just the three of you."