Chapter 1: Freshman year

So, Rory is at the end of her freshman year at Yale. She and Paris went to Florida on Springbreak, and Paris kissed her.

She got the assignment she wanted at the Yale Daily news. She is doing good in college. She has made a few friends. 

She was really shocked at the beginning of the year when she found out Paris was her roommate. She and Paris have finally started to become friends even tho she was a major pain in her ass in high school.

Rory is living in a shared room with Paris and two other roommates. The bickering between them is crazy. Rory had to find a quiet place to study. 

She misses Lane since she finally returned home after everyone complained about her staying here. I have plans to watch movies with Marty later tonight and eat his leftovers. 

Marty and I met when he passed out right in front of our door after a big party. He was completely naked, and I named him naked guy. I gave him my robe that night, and we became friends.  

Luckily, I can study in his room because his roommate is quiet, unlike mine. We normally study and chat about our lives. We get along great, and he has become a really good friend. 

I have been going to Stars Hollow to visit mom as much as I am able to, but not as often as I would like. 

Her mom started dating Jason, who was the son of her grandpa's previous employer, but Jason and Lorelai hid the fact they were dating from Emily and Richard. 

Her mom has been rebuilding the Inn she and Sookie are opening. It is coming along really well and starting to look really nice. 

She still goes to her grandparents every Friday for dinner. She has spent her entire freshman year single. 

Dean got married to Lindsey and has been working with Tom helping remodel mom's Inn. I have seen him a few times, but it's so hard. I still love him, but I just can't be with him since he is married.

I finish classes today. I have been trying to get all my studying finished so I can spend the entire weekend at mom's enjoying a Gilmore movie night.

  The end of school:

Mom's Inn is opening tonight, and she is doing a soft open. Grandpa and Grandma have been having problems; we have noticed how they act at Friday night dinners.  

So mom decided to invite them to the grand opening and to put them in the barn away from everyone else. Hoping the time alone will help them get along better. 

Dean and I have been talking more, and he says things aren't going well between him and Lindsey. He is going to divorce her. 

So, I arrive at the Inn, and mom asks me to go back to the house and get some CDs for their guests to listen to. 

Lorelai has invited the entire town of Stars Hollow to her soft opening. I smile as I look around at everyone. I missed this at Yale.

Kirk is worried about what will happen if he has night terrors with Lulu there, and Luke has assured him he would keep his eyes on him. 

Rory goes to her house to get the CDs Lorelai wants, and Dean knocks on the door. They are standing in the kitchen when he leans in and kisses her. 

This is it; she decides in the heat of the moment she wants her first time to be with Dean; they go into her room. It's over in just a few minutes, and now she is no longer a virgin. They hear Lorelai come into the house. 

They both jump up and get dressed quickly. Rory steps out, and she is looking so guilty. Lorelai notices something's not right. Just as she is about to ask, Dean steps out, also looking guilty. 

He leaves and can hear Lorelai jumping Rory about sleeping with him and him being married. Dean feels so bad, and he walks away. Rory tried to call him, and Lindsey answers his phone; Rory hangs up and decides she is going to go to Europe with her grandma. 

She and Lorelai are barely speaking since their fallout over Dean. She goes to Europe with Emily, and she had given her mother, a letter to give to Dean. 

The summer is almost over, and she will return to Stars Hollow just before time for school to start. She knows her mom is disappointed in her, and she feels bad about what happened.

She is dreading returning home. She wished she could just stay here forever. She wasn't sure what was going to happen between her and Dean when she returned.

She and Emily board the flight home, and she sleeps the entire way. Her mom started dating Luke. 

When the plane lands, she is so depressed to have to return to reality, but sadly she does. She isn't sure how Lorelai is going to react or what is going on with Dean. 

Lindsey is throwing Dean's clothes out the window, and Rory is really feeling bad. She and Lorelai are walking around by the gazebo, and they run into Lindsey and her mother. 

Lindsey's mother goes off on Rory and Lorelai, and Lorelai finally comes back at her. They walk away after the words are exchanged. Rory goes over to Dean's house, and they talk.

They start dating again, and Rory has to return to Yale. Her grandma had arranged for all her furniture to be delivered.

She is leading the movers when she runs into Marty, her friend from freshman year. Paris isn't there yet, and that is strange. She calls her, and that is when she finds out that Asher has died. 

They catch up and go for a cup of coffee. They are standing there talking about how Marty found out that his dad wasn't really his dad. 

This group of obnoxious rich snobs runs into Marty's back. Some smart comments were made between the group, and Rory is aggravated by the way they are acting. She shakes her head at their behavior and goes back to her conversation with Marty.  

Later Paris has arrived, and she wants to give Asher a wake. She sends Rory out to hang flyers for his wake. She sees the same group of obnoxious idiots from earlier as they are writing a note on her board. 

She asks them if she can help them, and they reply no; she tells them that's her room. The crazy guy with an accent goes upstairs looking for his lost soulmate.

She gets into a debate with the blonde guy as they argue over how he treated Marty earlier. They stand there bickering back and forth for a few minutes. Finally, he goes to leave when his friends tell him they found who they were looking for, and he walks off after telling her to call him Master and Commander, to which she responds with a huff.