Chapter 34: Remembering Robert

Everyone arrived at their condo or now her condo. She pulled her keys out and unlocked the door. She stood there for a minute, and Steph wrapped her arm around her shoulder. She turned the knob and opened the door.

Rory took a deep breath and stepped inside. She saw her phone on the counter, and she walked over and picked it up.

There were so many missed calls, voicemails, and texts from everyone. She sat down and started going through them. 

When she saw Robert's name, he had sent her one every night, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, which was the night he had the accident.  

Thursday's said, "hey babe, it's me. Just wanted to say I miss you and I love you. I hope you are having fun, can't wait to see you in four days."

Friday's said, "hey baby, just finished the reports for today. I wish you were here with me, but I am hoping this will help you settle the battle in your mind and heart. I hope you are having a great time, can't wait to see those beautiful blue eyes that take my breath away in three days. I love you and miss you so much, sweetheart."  

Saturday's said, "good evening, darling, I just got back to my room for the evening. Just sitting here missing you like crazy, I just want you to know how happy you make me. I love and miss you so much, can't wait only two more days until I can finally wrap my arms around you and kiss those sexy lips. I hope you are enjoying yourself, see you soon, babe."

His last text was on Sunday, just a couple of hours before the accident, "hey, sweetheart, I have a dinner meeting on the other side of town. I will be back to the room late. I know you don't have your phone, but I just enjoy texting you, hoping they will make you smile when you return tomorrow." 

"I can't wait to see you tomorrow I am counting down the hours until I can hug and kiss my girl, I love you, and I want you to remember that no matter what happens after this time away. That you will always know how much I love you and how much you mean to me. You have made me so happy. Sorry, hit too many characters, so it sent it in two. I love you, see you tomorrow."

Rory sat there crying as she read his messages these would be the last messages she ever received from him. Robert was gone, and she started shaking. She started crying hysterically. Everyone surrounded her.

She had been dreading facing Robert and telling him that her decision was Tristan he was the man she wanted to spend her life with. Now, she would never have to face him and shatter his heart because his heart was no longer beating. 

Logan was behind her rubbing her shoulder, Finn and Colin were beside her, and Tristan was in front of her, they were all trying to calm her down. Tristan held her hands as her head rested on his shoulder.

"He sent me a message every day. Those are the last messages I will ever receive from him. Please tell me this is a nightmare, wake me up. I can't do this, he can't really be gone."

"Rory, sadly, he is. We won't ever know why this happened, but in those messages, did he tell you he loved you?" Steph asked.

"Yes, several times in the last one, and he said it in every single one of them. I just don't understand, his life is gone because someone lost control of their car." 

"We have asked those questions. I was always taught that when it's your time, no one can stop it." Juliette stated as she wiped a tear from her eye. 

"Yep, and we aren't to question God's reasoning. He loved you, Rory. You got something most people don't when an accident like this takes someone. You got to read how much he loved you." Colin said as he held onto her.

"Love, every one of us in this room knows that man loved you so much. I have never seen him happier than he was in the last two years with you. You made him happy, and you loved him." Finn said as he hugged her.