Chapter 31: Time to make a decision

It was Sunday, and today they were just going to relax at their rental. He had fixed her coffee and brought it to her. She smiled up at him as he handed it to her.

He sat down beside her, and she climbed into his lap, she rubbed her hand on his face as she looked into his eyes. 

She could see the fear of her decision was weighing on his mind, but he was trying to hide it. He looked into her eyes and kissed her gently. 

She grazed her fingers along his jawline as she tucked her head into his chest. She wanted to show him how much she cared about him.

Sadly she had made her choice, and she was going to break a great man's heart, but this is what she wanted, the man she wanted to spend her life with.  

Tristan sat there just holding her, he needed to tell her everything. He needed to tell her he loved her and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her, he needed to lay everything on the table.

"Rory, can we talk for a minute?"

"Of course, Tris."

"Okay," he slid her to the side where he could look into her eyes. "Rory, I am going to tell you everything. I decided not to tell Jessica about us and our weekend until she returns next week because this just isn't something you do over the phone while she's with her family. It's something that needs to be said in person, face-to-face. Now, when she returns, I plan on taking her to lunch and telling her everything."

"It's bad, and I know that, but she was never someone I could see spending my life with she was just a body to fill a void. I know that sounds bad, and it is, but I am telling you everything upfront. Now, I know you have a decision to make, and I want to know how much you mean to me."

"With that being said, you are not just a body to fill a void you are the void I was trying to fill. It has always been you that I could see a future with. You are very special to me, if you choose to be with me, I do plan on marrying you, buying a house with you, having children with you, and growing old with you."

"Rory, I love you, I always have since the first time I walked into class late and saw you sitting there. The moment I couldn't think straight, I knew you were the one for me. If you choose to be with me, I want you to move in with me, and I want us to buy a house together. A house that we can raise our kids in."

"I see our kids, I see three kids, a boy who is blonde and looks just like me, a little girl who looks just like you, and a third child I can't see fully but just a feeling of being a perfect mix of you and me. I don't even know if that one is a boy or a girl I can just feel they are a perfect blend of us."

"When Robert and I talked about this arrangement, he asked me what my intentions would be if you decided you wanted to be with me instead of him. I told him exactly what I told you, that I would want you to move in with me that day, I would want to buy us a house, I wanted to marry you, and I wanted to have kids with you. He simply looked at me and said okay, good, because he didn't want you going backward. I took that to mean that you are only four months away from your wedding date if you left him having to move in with your mom and starting over."

"I am willing to marry you on the date you are supposed to marry Robert, or I will wait as long as you want to. If you want to wait two years, I will I hope not because I would marry you right now if you agreed. Now, you know everything I will let you think it over and make your decision."

Rory was sitting there with tears streaming down her face, and Tristan wiped them away. She looked at him, and all she could say was, "you love me? You want to marry me and have kids with me?"

He smiled at her, "yes, very much so."

She leaned in and kissed him, "Tris, I had kinda already made my decision and figured we would talk about it on our way home tomorrow. Tristan, I told Robert I didn't need this time with you to prove that I loved him, but I guess I did because these last few days with you was exactly what I needed to prove to myself that I did love you. I have been thinking about this since the first night we made love. Then the next night, when you weren't afraid to actually get kinky, hard, and fast. Robert didn't do that for a long time after we started sleeping together. You and I match so well together mentally, physically, and emotionally."