Chapter 8: Time to meet the Gilmores

So, Robert and I have been official now for two months. Things are going great, we get along, we laugh, we are always together, and school is out since we are in the middle of the summer. I kept some clothes at his condo.

We haven't spent a night apart since the first night we made love. I am either at his house, or he stays in my room. Mostly I have stayed at his house. Since there we have complete privacy, Paris and Doyle are always at our dorm. 

So, when I go to his condo, we are completely alone, and that leaves our room free for them. She is talking about moving into an apartment building next semester.

Logan finally stopped bothering me. Robert and I go to the pub with Finn and Colin a couple of times a week. Life is great, I am happy, and Robert is happy. We are in love.

The great thing about our relationship is it isn't based on just making love, but when we do, it is amazing. There are plenty of times we just go to sleep or cuddle up on the couch and watch tv.

So, tonight Robert is meeting Emily and Richard, tomorrow he is meeting Mom, and then on Sunday, I am meeting his family. So we have a busy weekend ahead, I have even called dad and scheduled dinner with him in Boston on Monday.

Once we finish dinner with dad, then we will have met all of each other's family. Robert has been trying to get our dinners with the family done for over a month. I told him I just wanted to stay in our own little bubble as long as we could. 

I already told him not to freak out if Emily starts talking about a wedding and how cute our children will be. He thought it was funny and said our kids will be beautiful because I will be their mommy.

I got an implant for birth control since we have stopped using protection. We both got tested, and we are both clean, so there isn't any need. We are committed to each other and practically live together.

Robert had to run to his father's office to type up a report for his dad. He will be home shortly, then we have to get ready and head to my grandparents.

I am in his bedroom looking at my dresses, some of which Robert bought me to keep here. I pull out this black dress that has tulle at the bottom, and it's puffed out a little. It is beautiful, and I was really shocked when he bought it, but it works for parties and dinners with society. 

I am looking at my heels, and I think the silver heels go great because it has silver designs on the skirt. I hang it on the hook. I hear Robert open the door.

"Honey, I'm home."

"In the bedroom, dear." He walks in and smiles at me when he sees what I have picked to wear tonight. "Hey, baby, that is going to look so hot on you."

"Good, because hot was my goal for tonight." He walked over and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, and kissed my neck.

"You look hot right now, you look hot when you are sleeping, and my favorite is when you just wake up. Bedhead and those sleepy eyes are huge turn-ons for me.

"Oh, really. She looks at the clock we have ninety minutes until we have to leave, we both need a shower. Can we make love in the shower and both get dressed and leave on time?"

"Oh, yes, we can." He nudged her body to the bathroom as he stripped their clothes off. He started the shower and lifted her up against the wall. He entered her with one quick thrust. She dug her nails into his back.

They made passionate love in the shower until they both reached their release. Rory laid her head on his shoulder as he held her there. He kissed her a passionate kiss. "I love you so much, Rory."

"I love more, Robert." He slowly eased out of her and sat her down. they both washed quickly. They stepped out and dried off.

Rory blow-dried her hair and curled the ends. She slipped her underwear and bra on as Robert watched her. She stepped into her dress, and Robert walked over and zipped her up. He bent down and put her shoes on for her. 

He got dressed as she put on her makeup. He loved watching her get dressed. He was completely smitten by her. He had been since the first time he saw her in Florida. He was madly in love with her.

She seemed to be completely just as in love and smitten with him as he was with her. He was going to ask her to officially move in with him. The only time they were apart was when she went to Stars Hollow to spend time with Lorelai.

Rory had told Lorelai about their relationship while they were still dating and getting to know each other. Her mother was worried that I was going to be just another Logan but realized that I was actually committed to Rory.

We walk out five minutes earlier than planned, and I help her into the car, and we start our drive to Hartford. When we arrived at her grandparents, I help Rory out. We walk to the door holding hands.

Emily was watching us through the window, and she smiled at Richard. "They are in love."

Rory and Robert went into the sitting room, and Richard fixed them both a drink. Robert had gotten a whiskey, and Rory had asked for a martini.

They were introduced, and they talked until it was time to go to the table. Richard and Emily both noticed how he helped her get seated, and during the entire dinner, they were constantly looking at each other. 

The next day they arrive in Stars Hollow and meet Lorelai at Luke's, they have finally started getting along again after their breakup.

Lorelai is dating the coffee shop owner Alex. They reconnected after losing touch when she hired his company to provide coffee for the Inn.

Rory seems to like Alex, especially since he keeps us stocked with coffee. She says he's really good for her mom. 

Robert is laughing at the banter between Lorelai and Rory and the way Luke is watching them. He can see that Luke still loves Lorelai. He is the one that broke up with her, and Rory borrowed Logan's limo service to come and take care of her mom when they were playing poker.

So, far Lorelai has asked him about Pippi Longstocking, my thoughts on Reggae, and my food preferences. I earned points by telling her I loved Pippi, I hate Reggae, and my favorite foods are pizza, Chinese, and burgers. 

After we finished eating, Rory walked me around her town, we went to her mom's Inn, and we met Michele and Sookie. Miss Patty, Babette, Taylor, Kirk, Lane, Zach, and Mrs. Kim. She also showed me, Dean, through the window of the grocery store. 

"I'm really glad he was a jerk and dumped you because now we are together."

"Me, too baby, me too." Dean looked out and saw them kissing. He shook his head and went to the backroom. 

Later that evening, Rory and Robert told Lorelai bye and headed back to New Haven. They drove back home holding hands and stealing kisses at every red light.