Chapter 38: Life goes on

One month later:

Rory is sitting on her couch, drinking a cup of coffee and reading the newspaper. When someone knocks on her door, she sits her paper down, walks over, and answers it.  

Finn grabs her up and swings her around. "Hello, love, you look a little better? I know I call and check on you several times a week, but I needed to see how you were doing."

"Hey, Finn, I am doing okay. The house is very quiet and lonely, but little by little, I am getting better. Did you just get in from Paris?"

"Yes, I did I just landed and came straight here to see you, beautiful. I know, I know, Robert, quit hitting on your fiancee'." He looked up, and they both laughed. 

"Listen, you know I am always telling you I am coming to whisk you away to an exotic island?"

"Yep, that used to drive, Robert crazy." They both laughed.

"Well, I have to go to Bora Bora for ten days for a business trip. So, this time I really am whisking you away. Get your bags packed, and I will pick you up at eight tonight."

"I can't just fly to Bora Bora, I mean, that would be great, but I can't, can I?"

"Why not, love? I have a five-bedroom villa for the time we will be there. You can bring all the books you want and lay on the private beach and just relax."

"Really? Um, ok, let me see if I can even find my beach and summer clothes."

"Look, pack what you need, and we can shop for the rest. Colin, Juliette and Steph are meeting us there. I already asked Tristan, and he said he couldn't go, but he hoped you did, you needed to get away."

"Okay, I need to call my mom and let her know. I will get packed and see you at eight. I have missed you, and the girls. I see Colin every weekend he drives up and spends the weekend here with me. Tristan finally went back to his place last week. So, now I am getting used to being here alone."

"Alright, love, see you in a few hours. I have to run to the office and get some files before we leave." He hugged her and left.

Rory picked up her phone and called her mom it ran twice before she answered, "hey, there's my one and only loin fruit. She remembers her mommy."

"Hey, mom. I just wanted to let you know I am going to Bora Bora with Finn, Colin, Steph, and Juliette tonight. I will be gone for ten days, and I will make sure I have my phone this time."

"I heard all the names, but one important one was missing, was he not invited on your trip with the gang?"

"He was he just couldn't make it. Remember, he is starting work with his dad, and he has been looking for a house to buy."

"Yes, I know all those houses you and he have viewed, but you just haven't found the right one yet."

"Yes, mom, I have gone with him to look at them, and none have been the right ones yet."

"Sweets, I know something is going on between the two of you emotionally, maybe not physically yet, but emotionally he is just waiting for you to show interest."

"It's only been six weeks and three days since Robert died. Yes, we have an emotional connection, and he has been amazing since Robert passed. So, supportive and making sure I am doing okay. He comes over every day and takes me out to dinner several times a week. Colin comes up every weekend, and today is the first time I have saw Finn since he left after the funeral."

"Okay, sweetie, I know he has been, and just move on your own time. Heck, take Finn and Colin for a little test drive while enjoying the sexy island. A little careless sex never hurt anyone as the saying goes, the best way to get over a boy is to get under another one."