Chapter 42: Moving Day

Two weeks later:

Rory and Tristan signed the paperwork for their new house. Rory had to force Tristan to accept money for the purchase of their home. 

He wanted to pay for it, but finally, he told her he would only accept two million toward the home. This is the first time she has touched the money that Robert left her. 

She had Tristan go with her to buy a new car. She actually bought two, the first being a car, a brand new Honda Accord it was sporty but also a good car. She also bought an Acura RDX, a sporty crossover SUV, for when they decide to start their family.

She bought Tristan a Porche Cayenne turbo SUV, so when they decided to have kids, now they have three new cars. She decided to keep her Prius, and Tristan has his Porche, so they have five cars and the extra garage bay they are going to keep the lawnmower in and use it for extra storage.   

Tristan has a plan to propose tonight, he got the keys to the house, and he has asked Rory to go out on a date. The date is going to be at their new house, he has dinner to be delivered, and they are going to dance under the stars on their patio with the firepit burning in the background. 

He is going to propose with the ring he bought last week. He feels it would be better to ask her to marry him before they officially move in together. 

He was excited to propose and couldn't wait to see her face when she saw the ring he designed especially for her at James Allen. The engagement and wedding band cost him over twenty-eight thousand dollars. 

He knew she would have a fit if she found out how much he had spent. He had insured both rings and had already spoken to both of her parents.

They went to Stars Hollow and spoke to Lorelai to tell her they were now dating and had just purchased a house. I asked Rory if she could go get us some lunch from Luke's, and while she was gone, I told Lorelai of my intentions.

She said if Rory was happy, that was all that mattered. She did ask Rory if she thought it was too soon, and Rory gave her mom Robert's letter. Lorelai said we had her blessing because Rory's happiness was the only thing that mattered.

We took a day trip to Boston and had dinner with her dad Christopher. Rory had gone to the restroom, and I asked for his blessing. He said he knew this was coming it had been almost four months since Robert had passed away. Rory had also shown him the letter. He smiled and said, of course, I had his blessing. 

So, now all I have to do is actually propose, which I am going to do this evening. I can't wait for it to be official and start planning our wedding. 

Later that evening, he went to their new house, Rory would be here in about fifteen minutes. He had already ordered their dinner. He lit candles he had bought to sit around, lit the firepit, and sat plates out for dinner.