Chapter 30: Time to use the Hall Pass

Thursday rolled around, and Rory had packed her bag. Tristan had given Robert all the information about where they would be staying.

Rory had been on edge. She had acted like one of us was dying. She stayed glued to my side, and she had been having sex like there was no tomorrow. Everywhere in the house.

Two days ago, even while she was cooking, she propped her leg on the bar, and we made love while she stirred the soup. That scares me a little like she is thinking this is the end for us, and she is trying to get all of me that she can.

I want her and Tristan to enjoy themselves, she took a hot soak and just finished getting dressed.

She is wearing a pink shirt with blue jeans and black flats. She isn't fixing her hair because it's windy outside, and she put on a little bit of makeup. She has her sunglasses on top of her head.

Tristan arrived at six-thirty, and he shook Robert's hand and gave Rory a hug which is what they always do.

"Alright, you two go on ahead and head out, have fun, and I meant what I said, everything, don't either of you hold back." Tristan shook his hand and grabbed Rory's bag.

"I will take this to the car, and wait for you there."

"Ok, thanks, Tris."

"Thanks, man."

Tristan walked out, and Rory snuggled into Robert's chest. She hugged him tightly and kissed him passionately. He held his thumb under her chin as he looked into her baby blue doe eyes.

"Rory, I love you, and I know you love me. This isn't a test to see if you will go through it. This is me wanting you to do it, and if when you return, you realize that you are in love with Tristan, that is fine I just want you to be honest with me. I can see that you are scared of what you may feel. I only want you to be happy, and if that's me, then great and if not, we will remain, friends, no matter who you choose. All I want is for you to be happy."

Rory had tears sliding down her cheek, he wiped them with the pad of his thumb, "I do love you, Robert. I need you to know that. I have always been honest with you, Robert. Please, be safe on your way to New York I will see you Monday at Three. I love you, Robert, I need you to know that."

"Oh, baby, I do know that, and I know that you love Tristan also. Rory, you have made me so happy, and this last week has been amazing. So, if it was our last, I can live with that, and die a happy man, if you choose Tristan, just know I may need a little time to adjust, but no matter what, we stay in each other's lives. Promise me that?"

"I promise Robert we stay in each other's lives no matter what. I love you, Robert be safe and text me when you arrive at the hotel."

"I love you, Rory. No, I will not be texting you until I arrive back home and we talk. This is time for you and Tristan, not me, in the middle of it. It's just you and him. Leave your phone here that way, there will be no disruptions."

"Okay, she took her phone out of her back pocket and laid it on the bar. He walked her to the door and kissed her again before she walked outside.

Tristan was standing by the passenger door, he smiled at her, and hugged her when she walked over to him, he held her until she released him, she needed that. "You ok, Mare?"

"Yes, I am now, thanks, I needed that." He opened her door and helped her in, and closed her door. Just as Robert stepped out, he waved at him and climbed into the driver's seat, and they drove away.

Robert stood there for a minute as he watched Tristan's Porche fade away. He got into his SUV and drove away.

Tristan and Rory drove to Plymouth, Massachusetts, to a nice cozy beach cottage. It had a full kitchen, a bathroom, the beach was outside the patio door, a king-sized poster bed, and a fireplace, in the living room with a screened-in porch and a firepit on the back patio.