Chapter 24: Senior Year

I have been back at school for two weeks already. Paris is power-hungry, she has a board that we have to put a magnet where we are going when we leave the newsroom.

She is driving me crazy, and when I come home, I am so stressed from dealing with her all day. She is constantly driving me crazy, and people are tired of her. I don't know how much longer I can deal with this or her. 

Robert normally has me lie down on his lap, and he rubs his fingers through my hair. He knows that relaxes me, normally, when I am fussing about Paris, he will start doing it, and I just stop fussing and relax.

I have grandpa this year it was nice last year. So, we have times we eat lunch together. Robert likes the fact that grandpa is on campus since Finn and Colin graduated.

I haven't seen Logan since the Life and Death brigade event. I heard he moved to London to work for HPG, his father's company. 

I saw my friend Marty on campus last week, and he ignored me. So, I guess he is no longer my friend. Since he liked me and I liked Logan. I wonder what he would think if he knew me and Logan never got together but that I am with their friend and engaged to be married.

I felt bad about what happened, but I was just being honest with him, oh well, it's his loss. I am very happy with Robert. 

I finish my classes for the day, and I am walking home since Logan isn't around anymore, I like to walk. It's only a few blocks from the condo, and I like the time to clear my head from everything running through my mind from school. 

This walk gives me time to clear everything out and focus my attention on my man. He will be home just about the same time I get home.

I stopped at this little deli and grab a coffee to enjoy on my way home. I was drinking it and not watching where I was going, and I bumped into someone.  

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see you." I look up, and there is my old nemesis Tristan Dugrey. He made my life hell when we attended Chilton together. 

"Mary, my, my, it has been a long time."

"Tristan Dugrey, what are you doing in New Haven?"

"My grandfather passed away two months ago, so I came back to Hartford, and I just started at Yale."

"I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather."

"What are you doing in New Haven, I thought you were Harvard bound?"

"Well, I was, and I did get into Harvard, but Yale was closer to home and my grandfather's alma mater, so I decided to come to Yale. You will never believe who else attends Yale and was my roommate for my first almost two years here."

"Being that you're asking me, my guess would be, Paris Gellar." 

"The one and only she didn't get into Harvard and then decided to become my roommate, and she was until I moved in full-time with my boyfriend at the time he is now my fiance'."

"Mary is engaged, who is the lucky man? Bagboy?"

"Oh, no, that is so over. He got married and then cheated with me on his wife when I lost my um virginity at the end of Freshman year here. We broke up at the beginning of my sophomore year, and then I started dating one guy, he was a player. I ended it and then started dating his friend, and as of Christmas, we are now engaged and planning our wedding after I graduate."

"Wow, Mary, you are such a scandalous woman since you left Chilton. Cheating, sleeping around, engaged. You have grown up, Mary, but still as beautiful as ever, even more so since you have matured." 

"So, Yale, that's cool. Avoid the newsroom that's where you will find Paris."

"Yep, Yale and thanks for the info will do my best. So, who is the lucky guy?"