22 | one year since

authors note: like the cover for this book? ;)

"n-no it is not you. what you said was right" taehyung sniffled, chuckling a little as he wiped his tears away. "no one has ever paid that much attention to me to notice my pain". 

that same sentence felt like it was running through jungkook's mind when they fell in silence. jungkook yawned, rubbing his eyes slightly as he wiped the last tear that rolled down taehyung's cheek. 

"Im sorry you have had to suffer in silence, you dont have to do that anymore. I am here, you have me" jungkook whispered, their eyes locked onto each others. jungkook hoped that everything he was saying was the right, all he wanted to do was to make taehyung feel like he was being heard. 

and that someone cared about him. 

"I w-want to know what happened, whats made you feel so down?" jungkook asked, watching as taehyung's face turned into a surprised one. 

"only if you want to share of course" he continued, letting the silence fill the area. he wanted to give taehyung time to think, he wanted the brunette to know he was here ready to listen to him. 

"my family has always been small, I was not a huge fan of my mums side as I saw how much stress and how unfairly they treated my mother. my grandma, that is on my mums side never contacted me on my birthdays, never was there when I had awards for school, never went to any of my games for sport. I did not really hear from her, whenever her and my mother were talking and she came over she would never acknowledge us, she was only there cause her favourite son was busy"

"seeing the way my mums side treated her and my siblings and I, I just wanted to relation to them. my dad's side on the other hand, I adored. my nan and grandpa were my favourite people in the whole world"

"my nan, was so involved in mine, my siblings and my parents life. she adored having grandchildren. we always saw her and heard from her and grandpa on birthdays and celebrations. my grandpa always called me his angel, I use to love hearing him say 'there's my angel' whenever I would see him"

"he got into a car accident when I was a lot younger and damaged a kidney, ever since then he had been really sick. he got cancer and became really skinny, and did not eat much. he started dialysis and had to go to the hospital often to get them done. my nan was his biggest helper"

"they ended up moving six hours away from us when they could not afford to retire in our home town. my dad wanted to move with them a couple years later. during holidays me and my sister would travel to them and sleepover at theirs, like we did all the time since we were younger". 

"dad and mum ended up buying a house where they moved to and nan was so excited, she was so happy to have us close again. when the holidays were coming up we all went to the new house and stayed there for christmas until february and then we had to go back to move and pack to bring stuff down"

"a bit before christmas, nan started developing this weird cough. I was sleeping over at hers when it got worse and worse. she had a scan at the hospital and they told us it was not cancer, we all felt so relieved. when nan got back to the house all she did was lay in bed and cough. she hated not doing anything, it was tough seeing her like that."

"I spent the next four weeks at her house, looking after her since grandpa could not do much since he was sick also. one tuesday morning I woke up and went downstairs to see her sitting in her chair holding her chest as she coughed. she had a shower and she looked so sick."