10 | number

the first classes were awkward, students in the class were staring at him. after he ran out the classroom and not looked back, he did not see jungkook rush out as well, after him. trying to find where he was. he only just found that out after a conversation with jungkook. 

he was sat by his smoking chill out area, his back leant against the wall as puffs of smoke leaves his lips. "thought I might find you here" he heard a familiar voice say, he looked up to see the tall raven walk towards him. 

he slid down the wall next to him and let out a content sigh. 

"what do you want jungkook" taehyung asked, not bothering to look towards the male. 

"I wanted to see if you were okay, after yesterday? when you ran out of class I followed soon after but you were no where to be seen" it made taehyung's heart flutter when he heard that jungkook came running after him, he shook off the feeling and cleared his throat. 

"I went home" he whispered, jungkook got the vibe that taehyung did not want to talk about it so he did not push it. 

"how come your not hanging out with anyone?" jungkook asked, curiously. 

"I dont want to be a bother" taehyung said, looking towards the field to look at the students who were playing around. 

"jimin seems to really like you, he normally hangs in the library. you should join him" the raven said, standing up as he dusts his pants when he watched his friends run over. 

"jungkook, there you are! you have to come look at this" the brunette watched as the boy pulled jungkook's arm. 

"I will be there in a minute" the raven said, shrugging his friends hand off him. 

he pulled a sticky note from his bag and grabbed a pen that was hidden underneath all the junk in his school bag. taehyung watched as the taller male wrote something on the paper and soon handed it to him. 

the brunette looked at it to see it was a phone number. 

"that is my number, text or call me if you ever want to hang out. bye berry" jungkook said, winking at him before he rushed off to his friends. taehyung looked at the sticky note and gulped a little. 

he pushed the note into his bag and did not look at it for the rest of the day. 

---

"oh taehyung!, you found my hiding spot" jimin chuckled as soon as he saw taehyung sit in front of him at the table in the library. 

"yeah, is it okay if I stay here? I dont have anywhere else to go" taehyung whispered, looking at jimin who nodded his head fast. the brunette thanked him as he sat down and pulled out his note pad and pencil. 

"what are you doing?" jimin asked curiously as he watched taehyung scribble on the paper. 

"it helps me keep distracted, I have done this for many years" he replied to the question shading the heart he just drew. 

jimin nodded his head, eyes not moving from what taehyung was doing as he took a bite from his sandwich. 

"how come you dont hang out with jungkook and his friends? I thought they were your friends as well?" taehyung questioned, looking up at jimin who shrugged. 

"I am friends with some of them but the rest are jerks who like to kiss jungkook's ass every second of everyday. they are a bunch of bullies" jimin stated, looking out the window from where they were sitting. 

"who are your friends in that group?" taehyung wanted to know who weren't bullies. 

"jin, hoseok, yoongi, namjoon and jungkook" jimin replied, continuing to eat. 

"mark, casey, matt are good people as well"

"even though jungkook is the leader of that group, he is a good person. he is the good type of popular" the brunette nodded his head, feeling a little relieved that was the case. the last thing he wanted was to be spending time with someone who intentionally hurts others. 

"do you have any sibling?" jimin asked, looking at taehyung who nodded. 

"two younger brothers and an older sister. they all live in seoul with my parents" 

"how come your here and they aren't?" jimin frowned, confused as to why taehyung was here without his family. 

"my parents thought it would be for the best if I spent some time away from home" he replied, looking at jimin who nodded. 

"are you liking it here so far?" 

"yeah, I am. it has been nice so far" he whispered, looking out the window as his thoughts spin back to his own school, his other life, his family, the incredible loss they have suffered. 

"you have any pets?" jimin asked, wanting to get to know the male more. 

"yeah, nico my childhood dog who is 10 years old. we have a cat shady and recently got a puppy quin" taehyung smiled, thinking about all his fur babies. 

"wow two dogs and a cat" he gasped, large smile on his face as he wants to know more. 

"quin adores nico, he follows him around everywhere. nico follows my dad everywhere he goes and then quin follows nico everywhere it is the cutest sight" taehyung chuckled, showing jimin his lockscreen which had nico and quin together" 

"such beautiful dogs" jimin whispered, smiling at the lockscreen. 

"how about you? do you have siblings?" 

"no I dont, I am the only child" jimin replied

"does that get lonely?" taehyung asked, always wondering what it would of felt like if he was the only child. 

"all the time, but I have really close friends and a partner who always makes me feel less lonely" taehyung nodded his head, glad that jimin has a purpose to keep going. 

"how long have you and your partner been together?" 

"2 years, we met through jungkook. his name is yoongi, we clicked instantly. he was the first person that ever made me feel safe to be myself" 

those words made taehyung freeze a little, he had gotten a similar feeling from jungkook.