chapter 36 || incisions and decisions

I yanked off the sack from Teresa's head, her hair going wild. She looked up at me, and then to everyone else. They were all positioned infront of her, sitting on a large table, leaning on it, or sitting in a chair.

"Gally?" Teresa's voice rang out as her eyes landed on the once dead boy. 

"Here's how this is going to work. We're going to ask you some questions, and you're going to tell us exactly what we need to know." Gally said. "We'll start off simple. Where's Minho?"

She hyperventilated for a moment, some airy laughs coming out, but not manic. "You guys don't seriously think..." Teresa's eyes landed on Thomas.

Gally grabbed a chair, pulling it up infront of Teresa. He sat down, sitting on it backwards so his legs were on the backseat of it. 

"Don't look at him, why are you looking at him? Look at me" Gally said sternly.

I stepped up so I was next to Gally, my arm hand resting on his shoulder.

"We know you have Minho in the building. Where?" I asked.

"He's with the others, in Sub-level three." She responded simply.

"How many others?" I questioned.

"28"

"I can make that work" Gally and Brenda both said. They looked at each other for a moment.

"No. No, you guys don't understand" Teresa's voice rang out, drawing our attention back to the girl we kidnapped. "The whole levels restricted. You guys can't get in without a thumbprint ID" 

"And that's why you're coming with" I said simply.

"Well, I don't necessarily need all of her" Gally said as he spun around a medical scalpel. "We just need her finger."

"Gally, back off" I said sternly.

"What? Are you squeamish? I guarantee you, shes done a lot worse to Minho"

"That's not the plan, Gally" Thomas spoke up.

"Do whatever you want to me. It won't make a difference. You still won't be able to get through the front door. The sensors will pick up-" Teresa stated. To bad for her, we had already thought this through. 

"We know, we're tagged. Property of Wicked and what not" I said to her. "That's why you're going to help us with that too" I said, handing her the scalpel. She took it from me hesitantly. 

- - - -

I waited my turn for her to cut through our skin. The day they both first saw each other, I knew there was some sort of chemistry with them. Gally stood near them, making sure that Teresa wouldn't do anything that could harm our mission. To be fair, I didn't really trust her either.

"Y/N, it's your turn" Thomas said to me as he held up a piece of gauze to his neck. 

I nodded before beginning to walk towards her, but a hand grabbed my arm. I turned around to be met with Newt's brown eyes. 

"Will you be okay?" He asked.

"Of course I will" I smiled.

"Do you want me to go with you?"

"If you want to, I don't mind though" 

I left him standing there, but I could still feel his presence slowly following me. I sat in the chair that everyone else had sat in before. I was the last to get cut open. 

"Hi, Y/N" She said with a smile as I sat in the chair.

"Hey" I said simply.

"Just lean your head on your arms on the back of the seat rest"