chapter 11||mystery liquid

"This can't be how all girls are like" Fry said with a small laugh as we waited a few more minutes from the ground.

"That girl is crazy" Newt said, shaking his head slightly. I nudged him with a small laugh, as a way of saying 'shut up'.

"Come on, back to work!" I shouted, allowing us to give them privacy. 

- - - - 

I sat down, my back leaning against the log of wood. The orange bonfire flickered, casting a shadow onto my face.

"Hey Shebean" I said to Teresa as she made her way over to me by herself. She gave me a small smile as she sat down beside me.

"Here" I said, giving her the note that she had come up with.

"She's the last one..." She mumbled. "What does that mean?"

"I'm not sure, none of us really are. Ever since you came up though, the box hasn't gone down. It's got everyone a bit paranoid I think. Especially Gally" I said to her, taking a sip from Gally's secret recipe.

"He thinks it's my fault" Teresa said, her voice trailing away.

"No, no, no, he doesn't, he thinks it's Thomas' fault. You have nothing to worry about." I said, putting my hand on her shoulder to reassure her. "Are you sure you don't remember anything?" I asked. She probably had gotten this question multiple times already, which I felt bad if I kept nagging her.

"I remember water... feeling like I was drowning. And this woman was there, her voice kept repeating the same thing-" Teresa begun.

"Wicked is good..." I said, interrupting her. "I've had these dreams more recently. You were in one I'm pretty sure. You said something about how everything was going to change" I said to the girl, looking her in the eye. 

I could almost see the gears shifting in her head as I had just told her what I saw. She looked puzzled. Shuck, I was puzzled. Two Greenies in the span of a week? One of them being a girl? A Griever being killed? The shuck was happening.

"Here, have some" I said, interrupting the awkward silence that filled the air between me and her. 

She quickly took a swig. Spitting it out like almost every other Greenie. I laughed loudly and so did she.

"What is that?" She asked, still dying of laughter.

"No one but Gally is really certain. Some sort of secret recipe. It helps with some of our anziety though" I said, taking another sip. 

None of the boys seemed to come towards us, probably scared of what two girls could do together.

"Time for bed!" I heard Newt shout, motioning for us all to take out the fire and to start making our way towards the hammocks. 

I quickly got up, brushing myself off and giving my hand to the Greenie. 

"I'll show you your hammock" I said with a large grin. Downing the rest of my drink before putting the mason jar in the crate of other dirty dishes.

She followed as we past the group of boys. All of them stared at us. I motioned towards the hammock next to mine, taking off my shoes before slowly laying down and sinking into the ropes of the hammock.

"You can have Minho's, the hammock next to his is empty, so he wouldn't mind" I said, staring up at the roof.

"Are you sure?" Teresa asked.

"Yes, he will be fine." I replied. 

Teresa got herself situated, taking her shoes off and climbing into the hammock.

"Why is there a girl in my hammock?!" I heard Minho's voice shout as I opened my sore eyes.

"Deal with it Minho. I want her comfortable and not scared. Go in the other hammock" I said to the boy, making sure I didn't wake her up.

"But Y/N!" He whined.

"But Minho!" I whined back, earning a chuckle from a blond headed boy behind him.

"Bloody hell, Minho, just let the girl have your hammock" Newt said with a laugh, getting into  his hammock beside me.

"You can't be talking, Newt. You're still next to your girlfriend" I heard Minho mumble quietly to himself. I don't think he expected me to hear him though.

- - - -

I watched as Minho and Thomas ran into the maze again. After the last fiasco, anxiety rose to my stomach every time I saw the maze doors open. 

The two had brought a few other boys to help run the maze with them, apparently they were going to see the dead Griever. In hopes of a clue of how to get out of this shucking place.

"Why are we different?" Teresa asked as our legs dangled off of the edge of the watch post.

"I'm not sure, but all I know is that the Creators are apart of it" I replied. 

It was about midday and the boys had come back around 10 minutes ago. All out of breath, but with a new clue. 

"We found a hole. I think it's where the Grievers go during the day to rest" Thomas said, out of breath.

"You mean... you found the Griever hole?" Chuck asked, scared. 

"I think it's our only way out" Thomas explained. We were gonna get killed.

"I found these in my pocket. They've been in here since I've come up" Teresa spoke up to me, holding out her hand to two bottles of a clear blue liquid.

"Wicked..." I muttered to myself as I messed with the bottles in my hand.

"What's that?" Newt asked. Adverting all the eyes onto me.

"Not sure. Teresa came up with it. Clint, Jeff, do you guys have a clue of what it is?" I asked the two more experienced boys. They gave me a variations of no's. 

"What if we were sent here for a reason?" Teresa said, looking at me. Everything all at once striked into my head. Alby.

I sprinted without hesitation. Not giving any of the boys a sign of where I was going. Running as fast as I can, I went to the med-jack hut. A couple of footsteps were heard from behind me. Minho, Teresa, Newt, and Thomas stood behind me.

"We don't even know what this stuff is. We don't know who sent it. Or why it even came up with you. For all we know this thing could kill him!" Newt said to me sternly as he looked at the syringe bottle that I held.

"He's already dying. Look at him. How could this possible make it any worse?" I argued with the blond.

"Come on. It's worth a try" Thomas spoke up.

"Alright. Do it." Newt said, giving into our protests. 

I hesitated before sticking the needle into Albys veins. My heart beating faster and faster. Newt was right, this could kill Alby. What would I do with myself if I killed Alby? I shut my eyes, getting ready to puncture his skin with the needle. 

"You shouldn't be here!" The dark skinned boy shouted as he got up. Grabbing onto the collar of my shirt. 

A/N : hey! be sure to like and comment :) thank you for all the reads!! i hope you guys enjoy this chapter.