chapter 17 || our escape

They escorted us to our rooms, the boys had one, and the girls had one. They were right across from each other.

"Oh my god, this is heaven" Teresa said as her body hit the mattress. I laughed before doing the same.

"How do you think the boys are doing?" I asked her as we both stared at the ceiling.

"I think they're running around butt naked like wild animals" She chuckled.

The room got quiet, as we both drifted off to sleep. 

- - - -

"Teresa?" I muttered as my eyes fluttered open. Someone had grabbed my arm.

I opened my eyes quickly as I looked around the surroundings. Teresa had a hand over her mouth to muffle her words, but she looked at me with terror.

"Let me go!" I screamed as I squirmed in the persons arms.

"Shh, stop moving, you'll be okay" The voice said to me. 

They quickly rushed us to the medical clinic.

"Dr. Crawford, here are subjects A1 and A14" The man who held onto my arm said as he dragged me towards the woman.

"Good evening you two, just sit on your cots, we'll be with you shortly." She said, giving us a small smile.

We lay on the cots, staring at the ceiling that shown a bright white light.

"Okay, this will only hurt a bit" Dr. Crawford's voice said to me as she showed me a syringe. I nodded allowing her to put the liquid into my body. 

A slight light headedness began to flow through my head as my eyes began to close. My surroundings blurred around me before everything went completely pitch black.

- - - - 

"Change into these please, we're moving you guys to the medical wing you guys were in before" A voice said to me as they shook me awake. I nodded, barely opening my eyes as I took a pair of yoga pants and a white tank top. 

We walked around the halls, guards standing behind and infront of us. I peered into the room that was to our left. The cafeteria? When was the last time I ate? Are we seeing the boys?  I looked at Teresa in shock, wondering if she was seeing the same thing too. I made eye contact with Newt, before the guard pushed me ahead, making my head snap to the front.

"Wait! Y/N! Teresa!" I heard from the cafeteria. I wanted to turn back to look around, but I couldn't. The guards kept making us walk to the medical wing, not allowing us to look back.

I heard a commotion of shouts from the room. What were the boys getting themselves into at the moment?

They wired the two of us up to tubes, pushing needles into our skin, and making us go straight to sleep yet again. 

My mom carried me through the crowd of what looked to be other parents. All of them surrounding a large building. Some crying, some wearing masks, and some still with their children. 

"I'm sorry" She whispered to me, tears slowly streaming down her face. I don't know why she's crying. 

"It's okay mom" I say, giving her a soft smile.

"You'll be okay, be brave and be strong for me, Love" She said to me, placing me on my feet and staring into my eyes. 

"I will be." I replied.

"Good... I'm sorry, Y/N... I really am" She choked out.

"A hand grabbed onto my torso, swinging me over their shoulder.