chapter 10 || the girl

"Sundown Y/N and Greenie" Gally said, walking to the hammocks as I lay lifelessly. 

"Coming" I replied, getting up in the slowest way possible. I dreaded the pit, not that it scared me, but it was rather secluded. No one was allowed to talk to the people in there. 

Thomas slid his way into the cell on the right, squeezing myself into the one in the middle. Gally locking it shut tightly and walking away, leaving one lamp for us.

I sighed loudly as I sat down onto the cold cemented floor.

"You doing okay?" Thomas asked me. 

"Yeah... What did you see when you went back into he maze with Minho earlier?" I asked curiously, trying to waste some time.

"We just went back to the dead creature, found some sort of device. but we don't know what it's used for. Might be a key of some sort." He replied. 

I could tell from his voice that he was anxious. Probably because he was running the maze for the full day. I had never once stepped foot into the maze besides that night. 

- - - -

"Here take some, you can't run the maze on an empty stomach tomorrow" I heard a voice say from outside of the cage. Opening my eyes the slightest, I could see a faint brunette curl that sat outside of Thomas' cell.

"Chuck?" I muttered as I tried to get a better view of the boy. He looked to me, almost frightened from my voice.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't just let Thomas starve. He has to run-" Chuck began ranting.

"No, shh it's fine. Don't worry" I said reassuringly, giving him a faint smile in the light. 

The night went on for ages it felt like. I couldn't seem to go to sleep. The squeals and gears interlocking sounded from the maze, making me shudder. The noise seemed louder, more aware. Seeming to come closer to us. 

- - - -

"Hey Y/N, come on" I heard Minho say as he unwrapped the lock from my cell. I slowly opened my eyes up to him. 

I crawled out of the pit, standing up and stretching after being enclosed int he space. 

"Thanks" I reply as he got Thomas out. Newt walked from behindMinho, giving me a quick hug.

"Good morning, Love" He mumbled, still groggy from this morning.

"Morning" I replied sleepily. Minho gave us a look of disgust as he pretended to vomit. 

"Oh shut up shank" I said to the boy, playfully hitting his head.

We took another resting day. At least most of us. Thomas had dragged Minho and a few other boys out into the maze earlier that morning. I continued working in the med-jack hut, assisting the girl that still lay unconscious

- - - -

Three boys stood at the door of the hut, all of them waiting to be let in.

"She still hasn't woken" I said to them as I walked past to continue organizing the room. They sighed, walking back to god knows where. That's when I heard it.

"Thomas" She mumbled. 

I turned almost instantly to look at the brunette, walking up to her bed and placing an arm on her. No response, still yet again. She was quiet as a bee and still as a rock. I walked out of the room, towards the Homestead for my late lunch. Everyone else had eaten while I sat observing the Glade that I had once come to 6 months ago. 

I adverted my eyes to the tall tree house watch tower that Alby had built on his first month here, a group of boys swarmed under it as they held up pieces of wood, metal tins, and their arms, shielding them from things that were flying down onto them. Strange. I thought to myself before walking over to see the commotion. I noticed the curly haired brunette boy standing a few feet away from the rain of objects, laughing and pointing at the other boys.

"Hey, Chuck!" I called to the boy, getting his attention.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"It's the girl!" Chuck exclaimed excitedly.

"She's awake?" I said to myself in almost a whisper as I looked up. There she was, shucking rocks and fruits at the boys. I laughed a little at the sight.

"Girls are awesome" Chuck said to me in awe. I punched his arm slightly. Making my way over to Newt who stood infront.

"Leave me alone!" She shouted at the boys, shucking rocks and fruits at them, almost hitting me a couple of times. 

"Watch your heads!" Someone in the crowd shouted.

"Hey! Throw one more of those things-" Gally begun, only to be hit straight on the top of his head with a rock. I burst out laughing at the sight, getting a grin from Newt.

"I don't think she likes us very much!" He said with a loud grin plastered onto his face.

"What do you want from me?" She yelled. It amazed me that she still had rocks to throw at us. 

"Take cover! Take cover!" Some of the boys screamed as they ran different directions.

"Hey! Please stop!" I shouted, gaining her attention. She stopped throwing rocks as she peered over the edge. I could see her eyes light up ever so slightly at the sight of seeing another girl in here.

"I'm gonna come up, okay?" I said reassuringly. I didn't get her confirmation, but I still climbed up either way.

"I'm coming up" I said, before climbing up to her level. As soon as I lifted my body up, a machete pointed straight at me.

"Woah woah woah!" I yelped, quickly sliding to the opposite side of the tower.

"Everything okay up there?" I heard Newts british voice yell.

"Yeah! Yeah..." I replied quickly. Putting up my hands infront to show as peace.

"Just give me the machete..." I said hesitantly, holding the tip of the machete and grabbing it before she could puncture into my skin.

"I'm not going to hurt you, okay?" I said reassuringly. She nodded slightly.

"Where am I? What is this place? Why can't I remember anything?" She asked. Lots of questions flowing out of her like a waterfall.

"It's all normal, don't worry. We've all been through this. You'll remember your name in a couple days" I replied

"Teresa" She mumbled.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, not catching up on what she said.

"Teresa. It's my name" She spoke up. 

"Nice to meet you, Teresa. I'm Y/N" I said with a warm smile, offering my hand to her to shake, she shook it hesitantly. 

"You kept saying Thomas' name in your sleep. Do you remember him at all?" I asked.

"No. Who is he?" 

"Thomas!" I shouted, peering over the edge to see the group of boys. 

He looked up at me as I motioned for him to come up. The boy quickly made his way to the top, sitting where I sat as I got up quickly.

"I'll leave you guys to chat" I said, climbing back down to meet the boys.

A/N : hi! these chapters are getting like nowhere, but more stuff will happen! thank you for reading :) mwah!!