chapter 15 || it's over

The room stayed silent, all of us not knowing what to say. We were important? What did she mean?

"What are we supposed to do now?" I asked. 

"I don't know, but lets get out of here" Thomas said as we made our way to the large door.

"No." I heard someone say from behind.

We all turned our bodies to look at who said the word. Gally, stood behind us, a gun pointed straight at me. Hie eyes looked crazed, blue and red veins visible in his eyes, while his pupils were pitch black.

"Gally?" Thomas asked, inching closer to him, slowly.

"Don't. He's been stung" I stated.

"We can't leave" He said aloud. I looked at him, puzzled. The rest of the world was right outside the door. 

"Gally, we're out. We're free." My voice shaking, but breaking into a small smile.

"Free? You think we're free out there? No, there's no escape from this place" He exclaimed. He seemed to be breaking into a slight sob.

"Gally, listen to me. You're not thinking straight" Newt spoke up.

"Now, we can help you. Just put the gun down" I said to the boy, putting my hands down in frpnt of me as a motion for him to follow.

"I belong to the maze." He replied in between sobs.

"Hey, hey, just put down the gun" I said, inching towards Gally.

"We all do" He replied, letting the tears take over.

"Y/N..." Newt said from behind me, but I ignored him.

I walked towards Gally, holding out my hands in surrender, yet the gun still pointed straight at me. A loud bullet shooting ranged through my ears, as I saw a spear be thrown straight into Gally's chest. His breathing became unsteady as he stumbled to the floor, gun still in hand. I expected a wound on my chest, but no blood or anything was in me or spurring out of my body.

"Y/N..." I heard another voice ring from behind me. I slowly turned around, looking at who said my name. Chuck. A pool of blood was slowly seeping into his shirt.

"Chuck..." I choked out, sobs beginning to come out of my mouth. 

All of our attention turned to the boy as he quickly collapsed onto the floor. I fell to the floor soon after positioning myself next to Chuck.

"Look at me, look at me! It's going to be okay, all right? I promise Chuck. I promise." I choked through sobs. His face grew paler, and by now everyone had tears running down their eyes. Thomas sat down too. 

Y/N... Y/N" Chuck spoke out, placing in my hand a wooden carving. 

I had seen him work on the carving in the Glade. He spent most of the time messing around with it, coming to the med-jack hut every so often when he cut himself.

"No, Chuck. You're going to give it to your parents yourself. Just like I had promised" I said, tears dripping onto his discolored shirt.

"Take it." He said, holding back tears. I shook my head no. I just couldn't. Thomas took the wooden figure from the boy that now was discolored from his blood. 

"Thank you. Thank you." Chuck said, voice wavering.

"No Chuck" I sobbed. But it was to late.

The curly haired boy lay on the floor, body growing paler and paler by the minute as his breathing became unsteady. I sobbed openly, not letting go of the poor sweet boy we all had just lost. Tears swelled through my eyes, making my vision go blurry. A hand was placed onto my shoulder, but I didn't care. I didn't care to look back at who it was either. My attention was all focused on the innocent boy who should have never been placed down in the maze. A boy who was to young to live out in a maze for the rest of his life.

"Come on! Wake up!" I shouted at the boy. Attempting to shake him awake.

A group of people entered through the door, each one of them grabbing onto us. I was to weak to push them back from me, I let them take me away. Thomas on the other hand, attempted to take Chuck's body with him. Fighting back the people who were here to save us.

They carried us to a helicopter. As I was dragged onto it, I looked around to the outside surroundings. We were surrounded by a desert, and cemented walls that created the maze. As we all filed into the helicopter, I finally got a better chance to look at who had taken us. A man in a black mask took it off, revealing an older fellow with a low ponytail.

"Relax, kids. Everything's going to change" He exclaimed over the loud noise from the propeller. 

I watched as we were lifted from the Earths surface. The higher we got, the clearer the view was to the maze. It looked almost miniature from up above. All of our hardwork to get out of this place. We just had to get out of a maze. 

A/N : hi! shorter chapter but i can't wait to start the next one! it'll be about the scorch trials!! thank you for reading :) hope you enjoy <3