Chapter 2: Robert's year before Rory

Well, it is my Sophomore year, and unlike the rest of the group, I chose to stay in school rather than take a year off to sail around the world. 

I am hanging out with Seth this year while they are all gone. I want to finish my education, so I can step into the family business. My dad isn't doing well, he has been really sick for the last few years. 

My mom has been struggling with trying to take care of him and running the company. My family owns Grimaldi properties it's an investment company. 

They build shopping malls and shopping centers. We have property all over the country that my dad invested in, and he has several hotels that he has started. 

He buys hotels that are struggling and goes in, remodels them and then hires a whole new staff. Last I heard, he was up to three hundred hotels nationwide.

He has one in every major city in the united states, and several in Paris, London, Scotland, Ireland, Australia, and, Asia.  

My great-grandfather started the company seventy-five years ago. That's why our money is referred to as new money. 

When I take over, I will be able to incorporate my own ideas into the company. My great-grandfather was the builder, my grandfather decided to buy property, so there was a current income revenue, and my father decided to start the hotel chain.

"I haven't decided what I want to incorporate into Grimaldi properties, but I still have three years to figure it out."

So, tonight I am going to go to the pub with some friends from the Life and Death Brigade, Juliette, Steph, and Seth. 

It has been nice with Logan, Finn, and Colin not around. Finn is always so dramatic, Logan is always sleeping with all the girls, and Colin is always throwing his cash around. We all have money my family has more than Colin's I just don't throw it around. 

I am the heir to our family business even tho my two sisters are older, I have three younger brothers. They went to Harvard, one of my brothers is one year younger than me, and the twins are seniors in high school.

  My oldest sister is named Mandi, she is married to Brad. They have been married for four years now. They have one son named Ryan and a little girl on the way in two months, they are going to name her Anna.

My sister Shannon who is the second oldest is married to John. They have one daughter who just turned two. They have been married for three years. 

I love my nieces and my nephew. I love to aggravate my sisters, telling them I am going to outlive my brothers, inherit the family fortune, put all my sisters on the street and live as frivolously as possible. Have numerous wives, and thousands of illegitimate children, and die completely alone and leave every cent to a parrot named Polly. 

They get so aggravated at me. My youngest brother said he was going to outlive me and would get the family money because I would never settle down to have my own children. 

My three younger brothers are Mark, who is a freshman at Harvard, and the twins, Eric and Derek, are seniors at Kingswood Oxford school. 

I am not like Colin, Finn, and Logan, by trying to bang every female on campus. I don't really sleep around. I drink when I am out with friends, and I like to play poker, especially when I win. I am always beating Logan and Finn. 

Eight months later:

This year has come to an end, Logan, Finn, and Colin sank Logan's family yacht, and his sister had to keep him out of jail in Fiji.

I laughed so hard when Juliette was telling us what Honor told her about them sinking the boat. That's what they get for taking a year off school. In my last year, I will be able to finish early I will only have two classes to finish during my senior year. 

I am going to spend the summer in Paris with Seth. We have decided to party the summer away. Which means lots of drinking and playing poker. Especially with Seth, he likes to pick up women in other countries. 

 I am glad my sophomore year is finished. My niece Anna was born, and she is so beautiful. She was born the first week of November. I enjoyed the holidays with my family and spoiling my nieces and nephew. 

Three months earlier: (Flashback)

I spent spring break in Florida I went down with Seth, Juliette, and Steph. I met these crazy girls named Madeline and Louise who were all over me because they knew I had money.

I don't date gold diggers, and you could clearly tell that's what they were. Of course, Seth hooked up with both of them. 

We were in this club one night, and these two girls kiss. The one girl was completely shocked when the blonde kissed her. She was really pretty she had long dark hair and the bluest eyes I have ever seen.

I went to get the ladies some drinks, and they were gone, the whole group of them. So, I gave the drinks I had gotten to Juliette and Steph. 

 Back to the present day:

Seth and I arrive in Paris. We are spending the nights at the clubs and the days pretty much sleeping. 

Seth got his own room so he could bring women back. These Parisians don't care who they sleep with. I have completely lost count of how many women Seth has hooked up with.  

I am glad I am not like those guys. I come back to the room and pass out from drinking so much at the club. I danced with some women, but when they tried to come back to the room with me, I politely declined and told Seth I was heading back to the hotel. 

I went out and visited some of the sights and went to a few art galleries. We had some great food while we were there. School starts back next week, so it is time to head back to the states. 

Two weeks later:

I finally got moved into my condo, thankfully, rather than having to live in a dorm, I bought a condo three blocks from campus.

I bought it before we left for Paris and started moving in when I returned in between classes. I met the guys at the pub last night, and they were all talking about this girl Logan had met. 

He said she thought they were all snobs, and her friend was the guy we use as a bartender, the one that makes those great margaritas that kicked my ass a few times.

They told me the story of how they bumped the guys she was talking to and how she snapped at them. How she and Logan argued in the hall outside her dorm room because Finn could have sworn his soulmate lived there. 

Two weeks later:

Logan called a meeting with the Elders and us. He told us about the reporter girl who had seen Steph coming out of the dorm on another campus where she stopped to use the restroom. She saw the gorilla mask, the SUV, which was Finn's, and heard our secret society motto. 

She had tracked down Logan's grandfather Elias Huntzburger and had figured out that Logan was also a part of the secret society and was planning on writing a story about it. 

It took a lot of effort to get everyone to agree to allow her to write the story, but she had to keep names out of the story, and she wasn't allowed to take pictures.  

When she arrived that night with Colin, Steph, Logan, and Finn, I realized that she was the same girl I saw in Florida, the one that was shocked when the blonde kissed her. 

You could already tell that Logan had his eye on her. So, he stayed to the side, not really talking to her except being a smart ass when she was trying to talk to us. 

He wasn't sure what he was feeling toward her, but it was a weird feeling he had never felt before. The same feeling he got when he saw her in the bar in Florida. He was really attracted to her, but he could never let Logan know. 

He knew Logan would hook up with her and move on to the next one. She didn't look the kind of girl that would allow that.