[66] The Difference Between You and I

Your iron fists glinted under the fluorescent lights.

Somehow, Shinsou's grin tugged even harder at his face.

You were willing to fight.

There was the sound of rustling fabric as Shinsou tugged at his scarf.

His gaze narrowing, he rasped, "I hope you show me something interesting, cyborg."

"Wait."

You and Shinsou glanced to the right.

Aizawa didn't look happy in the slightest.

He pointed two fingers at Shinsou, and then you. "Stand down."

Shinsou released his scarf and you lowered your fists.

Aizawa shot Shinsou a look. "What do you think you're doing?"

At this, Shinsou faltered a little.

He was well aware that he fucked up the moment he decided to act out in front of his own mentor.

Shinsou grimaced. "...I know what I'm doing is irrational."

"Thanks for saving me the breath," Aizawa said dryly. "Is that all?"

"And I'm sorry for stepping out of line. Right now, I'm under your jurisdiction, and I don't have the authority to initiate a spar."

"Right." Keeping his eyes on Shinsou, Aizawa gestured to you. "Tell me. What did you just do, Shinsou?"

Shinsou sheepishly broke eye contact. "...Initiate a spar without permission."

"Eyes on me."

Shinsou immediately jumped back to attention.

Aizawa's hair was on the cusp of floating upward.

Shinsou internally cursed himself. He was really trying his luck today.

Normally, he wasn't this rebellious with Aizawa.

But he really wanted to know what made you such a big deal.

It was Aizawa's turn to sigh. "I told you not to worry about what other people are doing. Is this truly something you feel strongly about?"

"Yes, sir." Shinsou's answer was instantaneous. "This guy..."

Shinsou threw you a glance.

You were idly staring at Kirishima.

The redhead was cupping his hands around his mouth and whisper-screaming, "Don't do it!"

At regular speaking volume, you replied, "Do what?"

Kirishima lowered his hands. Then, pressing them together, he began to pray. "Oh, God! Please let my friend leave this place alive!"

"Who is God?"

Shinsou tried not to laugh and Aizawa face-palmed.

Forcing his mouth to stop twitching, Shinsou returned his attention to Aizawa. "...I want to know the difference between him and I."

"Well, one of you knows who God is."

Shinsou clenched his jaw. He wasn't supposed to laugh. Not right now. "Yep."

Aizawa beckoned you. "Oi."

You turned away from Kirishima's shark impression. "Yes, Mr. Aizawa?"

Aizawa flicked a brow at Kirishima and he froze.

"Nothing to see here, sir!" With a totally-not-conspicuous smile, Kirishima gave Aizawa a thumbs up.