[15] Fear

The first event was revealed to be an obstacle course.

You spread your fingers as you stood among the sea of nervous students, helmet back on your head.

"Ready!? START!"

You struggled to find space to lift off without burning others. Seeing as the total track was four kilometers, you'd need to clear as much as you could without running. It didn't help that the swing of your arms exhausted your lungs and upper body in general. You had okay stamina otherwise.

By the time you passed the gate, many of your classmates were already far ahead of you.

"Don't be afraid to hurt people." Ojirou.

Your lips pressed themselves together as you momentarily stopped running to survey the first obstacle.

It was an expansive, rectangular body of water. Long sections of it rose into the air and whipped around, aiming to cut down the amount of students as soon as possible.

"Every obstacle, of course, needs obstacles! Starting up is what we call watery hell!"

Bakugou flew right through, maneuvering to dodge the whips.

"Bakugou of 1-A blasts right through!"

Todoroki stepped right in. He wasted no time in making a tunnel for himself to run through, the water slowly chipping away at his defense.

Yaoyorozu dove into the water and swam below the surface, where the "hands" of water wouldn't reach her.

Upon seeing her successfully emerge on the other side, many other kids followed suit. However, unlike her, they forgot to watch out for the vortex-like sources of the hands. They got swept up and spat out like gum.

You spun in a circle with your arms stretched out, your beams set at 93 C.

Cries of pain and the smell of burning skin permeated the air and you closed your eyes, feeling a pang in your chest.

Running ahead, you switched your beams for rockets and said, "I'm sorry."

Through the air you soared, catching up to the leads.

"[L/n] wipes out the competition! Ruthless!"

Everyone else in 1-A shared a collective moment of surprise, some looking back to see what exactly you did.

Various students clutched their shoulders and arms, the material of their uniform charred and their skin flaky and red.

Your classmates' eyes widened.

There was a reason why you were recommended.

"Next up is a vicious battalion of robots!" Present Mic's grin widened. "This is only the beginning, kids!"

"It's that damn tin can's family!" Bakugou snarked as he threw an explosive punch, destroying one robot's head. These ones were small and high in number, but much more aggressive than the bots you'd faced in the entrance exam.

Tsuyu nailed one with a well-executed dropkick. "That's not funny, Bakugou."

Todoroki simply froze every one he came across. Yaoyorozu destroyed them with her cannon.

Kaminari gulped as he weaved through, thanking his fast reflexes. Jirou stabbed the bots and tore them apart from the inside with tremors.

You landed in a roll at the center of the chaos, deciding you were in a good enough place to stop flying. Flipping your switch and cranking up the temperature to 482 C, you blasted any robots who came to attack you. "I am not a robot, Bakugou—"