[21] Cowardice

You were staring blankly at a vending machine when you heard footsteps come from behind you.

"Hey, robo-boy! I forgot your name, but can I take a look at you!?"

At first you thought it was just someone waiting in line, but once they spoke, you went on the alert.

You turned and were greeted with bright yellow eyes all up in your face.

You backed up and accidentally hit the vending machine. Now that you had a full look, it was the eccentric girl who made a fool out of Iida.

"No, you cannot. I am private property." You stubbornly glued your arms to your sides.

Hatsume only grinned wider at this. "Private property!? Woah!"

Her eyes zeroed in on your arms. "Those must be super high-end then! C'mon, just a look!"

"No." You shifted so that you could slip your arms behind your back.

"Hm.. What about your legs?" Unaware that your eyes were fake, she moved her attention lower.

Her eyes stretched wide with glee upon seeing that your ankles, which poked out from under your pants, were artificial. "Wow! You're a piece of art! Art!"

"What is—" You then cut yourself off to address the matter at hand. "I will have no choice but to consider you a hostile being if you continue—"

"If you don't mind.." Someone slipped in between you and Hatsume. "...[L/n]) carries classified information. Both you and him will be punished by court if it gets out."

You didn't mind the strands of thick black hair that tickled your nose. "Thank you, Yaoyorozu."

"Wahh, seriously!? That sounds so cool!" Hatsume was bouncing off the walls. "But alright!"

She giggled as she scurried down the hallway, leaving Yaoyorozu to sigh in exasperation.

"Are you alright?" She turned around and moved to put a polite amount of distance between you two.

Her brows furrowed slightly as she said, "I've no doubt you could have handled that yourself, but with someone as stubborn as Hatsume, that could've ended badly."

You nodded as you two began to head towards the stands. "Yes, I am alright, Yaoyorozu."

"I'm glad I exited the restroom just in time.." She threw you a side glance. "Your match is after this one, isn't it? So far, Bakugou and Kirishima seem to be on par with each other."

"Yes, it is. Kirishima does not give up easily, so I believe he will fight efficiently against Bakugou."

"Oh, you and Ojirou trained with Kirishima, yes? How was that coming along?"

You two chatted along the way, but when you arrived at the stands, the chatter ceased.

Bakugou was sending a horrific barrage of explosions at Kirishima. How Bakugou had that much energy and sweat, you had no idea.

"Now die!"

Kirishima fell to the floor, covered in bruises and light burns.

"Bakugou's carpet-bombing launches him into the third round! After the next match, we'll have our final six!"

"..Bakugou's battle sense is admirable, but perhaps he could stop telling everyone to die." Yaoyorozu's look of exasperation turned to a small smile as she turned to you. "Don't underestimate Wakatori, [L/n], even if she's a general student. You saw how Shinsou almost won."