[78] Everything Stays

[A/N]: This story is also published on Quotev and AO3. Please check out Quotev for the quickest release. It is my home site and I always update there first! You can find the link on my profile.

"Where is he?"

Whenever anyone in 1-A heard that deceptively vague question, they knew Iida meant you.

But Iida was not the one asking.

It was Bakugou.

He and Kirishima had come looking for you at whatever remained of the restroom Bakugou had so graciously blown up.

To his massive fucking dismay, he found Midoriya and Iida– the two people he hated the most.

Midoriya had been bowing to Iida at about mach ten whilst apologizing for... technically nothing. Iida was trying to get him to stop.

They suddenly went silent. Then they stared at Bakugou and exchanged bug-eyed glances.

"Well? Don't make me repeat myself."

Poor, poor Iida. His face was red and steam damn near shot out of his ears.

He'd been trying his absolute hardest to not raise his voice. He didn't want to shout at Midoriya. This whole thing wasn't even remotely Midoriya's fault.

Based on what he told Iida, the one at fault was...

"Bakugou!"

The Bakugou in question heaved out a groan.

Midoriya sheepishly pressed his hands together. "Sorry, Kacchan! Telling Iida is the right thing, so..."

Iida ran at Bakugou like a freight train. His arms swung up and down as he ranted, "I don't know why you did this–" he skidded to a stop and gestured widely towards the restroom– "and I've no need to. That is between you and Midoriya. But you simply cannot hurt your classmates! And you damaged public property! What on Earth were you thinking!?"

"Are you done?"

"What?"

Kirishima cut in to properly ask, "Iida, d'you know where he is? Is he exploring again?"

The last part made Bakugou flick a brow.

Exploring?

That wasn't what he'd heard back when Todoroki dialed Midoriya.

"Um... to be honest..."

All eyes landed on Midoriya.

He fidgeted a little. He still wasn't used to getting any attention at all.

Midoriya continued, "He had nothing to do with what happened, so... I told him to wait at the store–"

Bakugou was already blasting away.

Not without first throwing an explosion in Midoriya's face though.

"Wh– hey!"

Lightning pricked the air.

Midoriya would rather use his Quirk to chase Bakugou than to fight him. One For All had clearly fallen into the right hands.

Iida broke into a sprint. He, too, was using his power for the right reasons. He'd tried to kill a grown man once. But Iida had changed since then. He was now going to kill someone around his own age.