[60] A Beautiful Star

"Examinees! Please turn your attention to the screen."

The chatter died down as everyone obeyed.

The screen showed the entire arena. It was completely intact until every terrain, from the industrial area to the water area, literally exploded.

You blinked. Then you turned to Bakugou. "You have trained your Quirk to such an extent?"

Bakugou scrunched his nose at you. "What the–? Look me in my fucking eyes and tell me you actually believe what you just said."

You looked Bakugou in the eyes. "I believe what I just said."

"I can't believe how stupid you are!"

"I believe in you."

Bakugou's face lost all its angles.

You'd actually managed to catch him off guard. Bakugou Katsuki, the best fighter in 1-A with the reaction time to match, was caught off guard by a mere sentence.

"Bakugou can do many things." You didn't take your gaze off of Bakugou for a second. "I am not stupid for thinking so."

Consciously relaxing his posture, Bakugou turned back to the screen. He jutted out his chin and seethed, "I can do anything. Get it right. Now shut up so I can hear!"

"Okay."

Bakugou's frown was growing by the minute. He was doing well to focus on the proctor explaining the other half of the exam, but what you said kept poking around his brain.

I believe in you.

Four simple words.

Bakugou had always been revered for his strength, but when had anyone ever had faith in him because it was him?

Bakugou's scowl deepened. He had to completely focus.

A passing tide washed those other thoughts away, and then the waters of his mind were calm again.

The proctor, Mera, finished explaining the final portion. You were to rescue injured civilians from the disaster sites. The civilians were hired professionals who faked their injuries. You'd misunderstood that they were fake people and Iida had to explain that they were indeed real.

You were all now in a ten minute interlude.

Once Aoyama finished fixing your hair, he dismissed you with his own specific brand of French flamboyance. "Au revoir!"

"Aw revwah." Your French accent was terrible. Aoyama sighed.

Free to move around as you pleased, you headed for the restroom. Those six cups of orange juice were kicking in.

When you finished, you returned to the main lobby.

Midoriya was being beaten up by Kaminari and Mineta.

You lifted Midoriya by the scruff of his costume. "Why are you fighting?"

Midoriya hung in the air with his arms and legs tucked like a soggy kitten. "Is it really a fight if it's one-sided...?"

Kaminari lunged at Midoriya and you grabbed him too. Kicking and clawing, he cried, "Midoriya was having fun with a girl while the rest of us were fighting for our lives!"

"For the last time, I wasn't doing anything like that!"

You nodded. "Midoriya was not having fun. I quote, "She was naked and it was horrible.""