[31] H.I.R.O.

[A/N]: Past tense is back.

Uwabami stood before the three of you, clawed hand on hip and a smirk curving her lips. "Be good, you brats. Take good care of your skin."

Her gold, slit-pupiled eyes burrowed into you as she harshly tugged on your left ear. "And no using ten skincare products at once! How can you be so daft!?"

You winced. "I am sorry, Ms. Uwabami."

Yaoyorozu and Kendo giggled. The latter then bowed to Uwabami. "Thank you for this fulfilling work experience."

Kendo followed suit and so did you.

And with that, you were off to the train station.

"By the way, [L/n]," asked Kendo, turning her head to you with curious eyes, "What's your Hero name? Uwabami said it was too stupid to call you by."

Yaoyorozu placed a delicate hand over her mouth to conceal her laugh and Kendo side-glanced her with a raised brow.

"My Hero name is..."

The clock was ticking.

Most of the class had already presented their hero names. Only five kids, including you, had yet to go, and you still had no idea what to name yourself.

You thought to yourself, What does the name of a Hero sound like?

"[L/n]-kun! Please come up to present." Midnight's voice broke through your brainstorm.

You looked up, eyes round as an owl's. "...Yes, Ms. Midnight."

As you settled behind the podium, your classmates looked up at you with intrigue. What sort of Hero name would the listless [L/n] choose?

Midnight's eyes softened as she noticed your board was completely blank.

"We won't judge you!" Kirishima chirped supportively. He raised a fist and beamed.

Sero snorted. "At least not too hard."

Your mouth moved pointlessly for a moment.

You'd noticed that your classmates' Hero names were based on their Quirks or physical traits. Cellophane, Pinky, Earphone Jack...and then there were Deku, Iida, and Shouto.

You began to write your last name when Midnight stopped you with a soft hand on your wrist. She shook her head and whispered, "If you're gonna give yourself a Hero name, make it good."

"He...ro..." you voiced it out as you wrote it in English.

Midnight, having enough of this dilly-dallying, snatched both the board and marker away from your unsuspecting hands. You blinked at your suddenly empty hands.

She dashed out 'hero' and wrote 'H.I.R.O.' in big, bold, black letters.

When she handed it back to you, you stared at her in wonder.

"Well? You like it?" She smirked. "Each letter stands for..."

"...heroism: integrity, responsibility, and outstanding."

The redhead snorted once before laughing silently and gripped her stomach. She looked up to ask, "What, do civilians have to say all that when they need you?"