[43] Fruity

When lunch rolled around, your more...talkative classmates gathered at your desk.

Kaminari slammed his hands onto the wood. "You got mobbed at the airport!? How many girls were there!?"

Ashido snickered. "There were probably boys too! Just look at that face!"

An invisible hand poked your cheek. "Was it really worth sacrificing the mochi?"

Scratching at his own cheek, Sero suggested, "I feel like we should be more concerned about him, y'know, getting mobbed?"

Uraraka was punching the air. "Imagine all the money you could make as a model!"

You tilted your head. "My artificial limbs are models, but I am not. How would I be able to become one?"

"Eh?" The brunette lowered her fists. "What do you mean?"

The kids surrounding you looked at each other, then back at you.

"A model is defined as a particular design or version of a product," you recited robotically. "My limbs are the latest versions of the base product. I am not any version of any product."

For a few seconds, all you heard was silence.

Then fond laughter filled the room.

"I meant a model as in someone who's paid to wear clothes, silly!" Uraraka's chubby cheeks pushed against her eyes as she giggled.

Kaminari snickered, reaching out to lightly flick your forehead. "Of course you're not a product! [L/n] is [L/n]."

Your hand paused in its search for your dictionary. Your eyes crossed to pinpoint his finger before uncrossing to look up at Kaminari himself. "Is this an act of affection? Or violence?"

"Violence--!?" Sputtering, Kaminari did nothing to hold back his laughter.

Sero turned to flick Kirishima. "Violence!"

Ashido also flicked Kirishima. "Violence!"

A toothy grin split Kirishima's face as he took the flicks head-on. When he hardened his fingers threateningly, Sero and Ashido ran screaming.

"It is violence?" Mimicking them, you pressed the upper side of your middle finger against the tip of your thumb. They clicked as they made contact.

Kaminari's laughter cut off as he screeched at the sight of your hand. "If you flick anyone, you'll give them a concussion!"

Seated at his desk, Tokoyami quoted, "Violence for violence is the rule of beasts."

Shoji flicked him and he immediately brought out Dark Shadow.

Sato entered the classroom, a lidded plate in his hands. "What the heck is going on here?"

You flexed your fingers. "Violence."

Deciding to ignore the shitshow, Sato set the plate down onto your desk. A familiar smell wafted from underneath the lid.

You blinked. "What is this?"

"I baked something." Sato chuckled at your query before lifting the lid. "Tada!"

Fat pancakes sat on the plate, dusted with powdered sugar and decorated with a dollop of whip cream, chocolate drizzle, assorted berries, and a mint leaf.

Sato rested his hands on his hips, puffing his chest in pride. "Soufflé pancakes! Midoriya told me you like pancakes, so I thought it'd be fun for you to try a different kind."