[52] Promise to Remember

Standing in front of your room, Todoroki checked his watch.

It was last night that Todoroki had promised to show you how to properly pay respect to your parents.

The agreed meeting time was eight a.m. Only a minute left.

7:59 turned to 8:00 and the door swung open.

With a bow of your head, you bade Todoroki, "Good morning."

Todoroki returned the nod. "Morning." Upon noticing dark circles beneath your eyes, he frowned slightly. "Did you not get enough sleep?"

"I did not. I erred in eating Sato's chiffon cake so close to bedtime."

"Oh... I had to take sleep medication last night for the same reason. I can give you some if you want."

"Thank you for the offer. However, I have been told to avoid sleep aids." Stepping aside, you gestured for Todoroki to enter. "Please come in."

Todoroki did as asked.

He came to a stop in the center of your room. "Why do you have to avoid them?"

"There is a slight risk of memory interference," you replied from Todoroki's left. "Melissa wishes to avoid any and all risks to my memory."

"Oh."

Speaking of your memory, Todoroki had no idea how you were functioning while knowing so little. You couldn't identify a cat if it somehow learned human speech and then told you it was a cat.

Todoroki moved the conversation along. "Now, for why I'm here..."

His eyes found your parents' picture sitting on your desk. "It's no wonder no one knew the truth. Your parents aren't displayed properly."

Todoroki spun in a slow circle, eyes darting to and fro. He stopped when he found what he was looking for.

The box containing your workout equipment. It was tucked under your bed.

Todoroki looked at you. "Are you okay with emptying out that box?"

"Yes." You walked towards your bed and kneeled. After dragging out the box, you unloaded dumbbells of varying weights, stretch bands, and a yoga mat. You set those aside.

Todoroki silently took the now empty box.

You observed as he put it down to pull open the balcony curtains.

Rising from your kneel, you said, "Monoma does not like to see me. Please close the curtains."

Todoroki calmly refuted, "Monoma can deal with it."

You blinked.

His back bent, Todoroki placed the box against the glass sliding door. He straightened up. "Bring the picture."

"Okay." You made your way over to your desk. With careful hands so as to not damage anything, you brought the picture to Todoroki.

"Set it down in the middle."

You did as told.

Todoroki turned and went for the main door. "Wait here."

"Where are you going?"

"The kitchen."

"Okay." You turned your attention back to the picture and sat down on your calves to get a better look.

During your visit to I-Island, David had told you were a perfect combination of your parents.

You tilted your head. Then, mimicking your father, you stretched your mouth in a boxy grimace.