[70] The Thing About Harajuku (Part 1)

[A/N]: Outfits for this arc.

The oddly warm orange had rolled into the dining room.

You crouched down to pick it up. "I have acquired the orange."

From behind you, Todoroki gave you an approving nod as if you'd retrieved an important briefcase. "Nice."

You turned around to talk to Todoroki. "I will wash this. Please wait."

"Alright."

You went to the kitchen, but as you did so, you heard faint footsteps coming from your rear.

You stopped. Then you looked over your shoulder.

Todoroki was looking back at you, his eyes calm and unassuming.

"Todoroki agreed to wait."

"Yeah."

"Todoroki is not waiting."

"But I am..."

"Todoroki agreed to wait for me to open the orange."

Todoroki's mismatched eyes landed on the warm, now slightly dirty orange. "Peel."

"Yes." You nodded. "It has skin."

Adversely, Todoroki shook his head. "No, I mean... you don't open an orange. You peel it."

"I do not understand. The orange must be opened prior to consumption."

Todoroki needed a few seconds to figure out how to explain this without looking like an idiot. Unfortunately, his brain chose this exact moment to show him a compilation of all the times he'd tried to explain an animal to you only to fail miserably. The most recent addition to the fail compilation was Yaoyorozu stealing the spotlight from Todoroki when he was trying to explain a pig to you.

"Uh," Todoroki began intelligently, "it's like skinning someone."

You blinked. "I do not think oranges feel pain."

"No–"

"What on Earth are you two talking about?"

You glanced from Todoroki to somewhere past him. He pivoted on one foot to track your gaze.

Standing a little ways from the two of you was Yaoyorozu.

She was smiling in honest confusion. "What's this about oranges feeling pain?"

You pointed at Todoroki. "Todoroki thinks so."

Then you lowered your finger. "Pointing is rude. I am sorry, Todoroki."

"It's fine."

Yaoyorozu's brows furrowed.

Is Todoroki not going to address the subject of oranges feeling pain? Surely he doesn't actually believe that...

She cleared her throat. "Todoroki."

He silently faced Yaoyorozu again.

"Do you... do you hold the belief that oranges feel pain?"

"What...? No, I don't. They're not animals."

Yaoyorozu sighed in relief. "Well, I'm glad to hear that."

You piped up, "Yaoyorozu did not know that oranges are not animals?"

Upon hearing this new, supposed information about Yaoyorozu, Todoroki put a hand on his chin. "Hm... It seems that I have the advantage this time..."