[25] Indoctrination

You shuffle through two papers. You shuffle again.

"That's just pitiful," wheezes Mineta as he presses his cheek to the lunch table. Kaminari is just as sullen about not getting many requests, but he at least doesn't bag on you. He sits next to Mineta and you sit across from the former.

Aizawa said the fact that you even got two papers of agency names was a miracle. Your performance was pretty bad and based on your observations, you knew your teacher was right.

"They're looking for potential." Kaminari puffs out his chest with sudden confidence. "I have lots of that if I do say so myself!"

"What would you two rate my potential?" you ask in all earnestness. Mineta and Kaminari want to troll you, but the conflict in their expressions says that you're too innocent and unassuming to troll.

"You're fine." Mineta dismisses you with a wave before shutting his eyes. "Just be grateful you even got requests."

Kaminari gives Mineta a dissatisfied look. Then he says to you with a lopsided grin, "You've a lot to work with so you'll get along just great."

"I hope so. Thank you for your opinions."

"Internships, huh?" Ashido appears behind you, resting her arms on the back of your chair. She moves her head out of the way when your hair tickles her cheek. "Have you guys got any ideas on who you're gonna appeal to yet?"

Mineta drools. "Mt. Lady...!"

Ashido doesn't hide her disgust. "Um, ew. Anyways, Kaminari?"

"Honestly? Dunno." He shrugs with a carefreeness foreign to Iida Tenya. "And we're not really doing fieldwork, are we?"

You reply dutifully. "It isn't expected that we will."

Kaminari hums, leaning back in his chair and crossing his arms behind his head. "Ah.." he breathes, closing his eyes.

One golden eye cracks open to peer at you. "Anyone you got in mind, big boy?"

"I'm not particularly large," is your first response. "Other than that, I do not have anyone in mind."

Kaminari snorts and your other two companions sigh in exasperation at your initial reaction.

Ashido begins to lightly stroke the grooves of your French braid with her right index finger. "I heard Uraraka's going with Gunhead," she muses. "She wants to get better at fighting. Maybe you could join her?"

"Couldn't you like...program fighting moves into yourself? Like Baymax?"

Everyone turns to look at Kaminari. He stares back.

Sitting down to your left and unfortunately across from Mineta with her lunch tray, Jirou drones, "Kaminari, I don't think you've had a single coherent thought in your entire life."

Kaminari splutters and everyone else bursts into titters. You simply continue to stare. "Who is Baymax?"

"Don't even question it," Jirou drones again.

After a few minutes of discussion about internships, Kaminari changes the topic. "What's the situation with you and that Shinsou guy?"

You've never heard that phrasing before. "We are not within each other's vicinity, so there is no current situation."

Being a language geek, the blond explains it to you eagerly. Hanging out with you is fun partly because he gets to flex his vocabulary.

"I see what you meant. Shinsou has expressed to me clearly he does not wished to be assisted," you reply before taking a sip of water. "He also insinuated that I observed as he urinated. I did not."

Jirou slaps a hand over her mouth to muffle her laughter, Ashido guffaws shamelessly, and the rest of the table is in hysterics.

"What's up?" Kirishima settles down along with Sero. Kirishima is to your right and Sero is to Kaminari's left.

"Yeah, why's everyone laughing?" echoes Sero.

Kaminari swallows before squeaking, "That Shinsou guy thought my man over here watched him pee!"

Kirishima's face crinkles with confusion and disapproval while Sero just looks extremely confused.

"I did not," you follow up. Sero takes one look at your neutral yet stubborn face and begins to howl. Kirishima nervously chuckles.

Sero points a lanky finger at you. "Bet'cha did, piss boy. Little peepee man."

Kirishima gasps. "Dude! You can't just call people that!"

Mineta grips the table, laughing silently. Kaminari begins to howl with laughter like Sero did previously and Sero himself is biting his lip to keep it in. Ashido just sinks behind you, disappointed and hooting at the same time. Jirou looks like she wants to leave.

"I believe not?" Your refusal is more of a question than anything. "I am not little nor am I a man, and I do not know what else you just called me.."

Jirou actually leaves and Kaminari lightly jogs after her, calling, "No, Jirou, come back!"

Sero bangs a fist on the table with a wheeze. "You're too fun to mess with!"

Kirishima reaches over the table to place a hand on Sero's broad shoulder. His face is so serious that Sero and Mineta start snickering again.

The redhead deadpans, "Stop that right now."

"Aw, c'mon, Kirishima! Wasn't that funny?" whines Ashido. She begins to pet you with all five fingers and as it isn't uncomfortable, you do not protest.

"Peepee? Pee twice?" you think aloud. Sero and Mineta nod at lightning speed, eager to corrupt you. Kirishima lets out a noise of frustration.

"Yeah, peepee! It's just pee, but funnier!" Ashido bounces up and down. "We're gonna teach you so much!"

"Please don't," says Kirishima, strained. He defends you loyally but he also looks like he wants to participate in your indoctrination. A smile threatens to tug at his lips.

"Yo, isn't Bakugou's hair the color of diluted pee?"

Kirishima stares at Mineta for five seconds before getting up to leave. He grabs your elbow and begins to tug you away.

The rest of the table is left to howl with laughter and as you look behind you, a tragic scene unfolds. Bakugou himself had come to tell them to shut up for laughing so loud but then they just started laughing at him.

"Poor you and Bakugou and Jirou," mutters Kirishima. He doesn't look back; not once.

When you turn forward again, all you hear are explosions.