[22] Request

You lightly mussed your own hair as you headed towards the boy's restroom.

White strips decorated your neck and fingers, one wrap meant to secure your healed larynx and the others to cover up your finger joints. You'd stuffed your helmet into a locker and took your braid out on your own.

The day you first showed up to school with a braid, you'd worn gloves to not get your hair tangled in your fingers.

This feels better, you decided with closed eyes and a nod. I feel relaxed.

"About time."

Thick lashes fluttered upward and you saw "Blondie," the boy who'd presumably tried to hurt you and who Shinsou called a "copycat bastard."

U.A.'s resident bastard was leaning against a vending machine, one leg propped up and hands in his pockets. "Hey, robo."

You blinked. You didn't even know this guy, and he just gave you the -chan honorific (mockingly).

"I remember you," you started, hands dropping to your sides, "but you were not listed on the leaderboard, Blondie." Amusingly enough, you'd given him the same honorific in return.

"Eh? Is that what that girl called me?" Monoma snorted, eyes dragging themselves away from yours to meet the wall. "Whatever, that's not important.."

"Why have you summoned me?"

"Because.." He smiled minimally, in a way that was if he was pitying you. "..I, the wonderful Monoma Neito, thought I would take it upon myself to give you a warning. Fair, am I not?"

You stared blankly. "You are fair based on the factors of this circumstance, and I am not aware of all of them. What are you warning me about and why have you chosen to?"

"Huhuhu.. I'm warning you in case you go against Kuchimoto Kouki, one of 1-B's top-tier students. He's the cream of the crop, y'know?" Monoma simpered wider as he turned his head to look at you. "As to why, it's because Rin is one of the only people he can tolerate."

He then coughed. "I, surprisingly enough, am not on that list. Anyways.. you better watch yourself. Ku, as he prefers everyone call him, doesn't play around. And with him already being the no-nonsense type of guy, imagine how he'd feel going against someone who hurt his friend.."

Monoma pushed off the machine and stood in the middle of the hallway, eyes crinkling as he grinned and stuck his tongue out. Tapping right next to his bottom lip with a finger, he said, "Kuchimoto will eat you alive."

Your brows twitched before lightly drawing together and Monoma felt oddly unsettled by the foreign change in expression.

What do I address first? you thought.

"Ku practices cannibalism? And he is bold enough to eat me on live television?" Your brows tightened. "I personally believe those are horrible decisions. I cannot understand why he feels the need to eat me on live television.."

Monoma watched you ramble, unimpressed and raising a brow. "It was a figurative threat. Never seen a T.V. show before?"

"I indulge in television for the weather forecast. Are you attempting to save your comrade from me calling the police by changing the subject?"

He spluttered, "Wha--! You're gonna call the police!?"

"I do not wish to be consumed."

"I told you it was a figurative threat!" Monoma busied his hands with running them through his hair in an effort to stop himself from throttling you. "Okay, Kuchimoto won't actually eat you. Happy?"

Without missing a beat, you replied in monotone, "I have never felt happiness in my life."

Monoma went silent. Then he dragged his hands down his face, keeping them there for a few seconds. "..I'm gonna leave now. Smell you later, you cretin."

"Please wait."

He paused in his steps to look over his shoulder. You were walking towards him.

"What do you want?"

"To fulfill what you have asked of me."

Question marks circled the blond's head but he didn't have time to ask what you meant. Arms of steel (literally) circled his ribs and pulled him to the body of another.

Melissa did it like this, you thought as you pressed your lips to the spot Monoma tapped by his lip.

A screech of mortification ripped through the hall as the furiously blushing Monoma pushed you back by your chest. "W-what the heck, you pervert!?"

Your arms were so solid he couldn't get away. Tilting your head, you answered, "Did you not request a kiss? And I am not a pervert."

"Huh--!?"

"Eh, Monoma? I didn't know you had a boyfriend."

He screamed again upon seeing a surprised Awase exit the restroom.