[34] Stay Gold

Though you were a light sleeper, you never heard Midoriya leave your apartment.

The sun filtered through your curtains and you stirred at the new warmth. When your eyes opened, you half-expected Melissa to be at your bedside.

Not Midoriya. Melissa.

Melissa... Your eyes opened fully.

She was your rock. You were like a lost child, with or without her, but Melissa was the one person you trusted unconditionally.

With clunky, robot-like movements, you got up and went to go freshen up. Temptation to break schedule and immediately call Melissa did pull at you, but you never wavered. To be disciplined was to be consistent.

The stitched gash on your head wasn't pretty in the slightest. You almost regretted taking off the old bandages. As you pulled some stray hairs away from the awful thing, you figured you had no choice but to go to the hospital. The cut sat along your hairline, crusty and an overall eyesore.

Will it scar?

As you brushed your teeth, you thought of Midoriya and Kirishima's scars. Midoriya had gotten his after his fight with Todoroki. Kirishima scratched himself as a child.

Will I have a scar too?

Having something in common with your friends was good, wasn't it? You knew this after researching friendship.

You spat out the toothpaste foam and rinsed your mouth.

I am one step closer to obtaining true friendship.

You searched for your phone after leaving the bathroom. Round eyes and clumsy hands darted around before finding it on your desk. Next to the phone was a strange notebook.

You picked it up.

Hero Analysis for the Future. Number 5.

Did Midoriya forget this? I do not recall him having this in his possession yesterday.

You checked the time on your phone. It was 11 a.m, so it was 7 p.m. at I-Island and Midoriya was already at school.

Glancing back to the notebook, you wondered if he left you this just before he went.

You took a seat at your desk. Just before you went to unlock your phone, your thumb froze.

Should you really be contacting her? You said you'd be independent, right? You promised you wouldn't rely on her too much, right?

Right?

You put the phone face-down and turned away.

Right.

On your way to the kitchen, you grabbed Midoriya's notebook and set it on the dining table.

Standing before your stove, you realized that you ate like the filthy American you were. Pancakes, eggs, and a shit ton of rice wasn't going to help you heal.

You turned to look towards the Midoriya residence.

Is Mrs. Midoriya home?

"Oh my God!"

You stared at Inko with childish innocence as the blood drained from her face. "May I have breakfast here, Mrs. Midoriya?"

Her plump hand was lifting your bangs away from your forehead. After she peeled away the new bandages (with your permission), she saw the ugly gash. "Oh my goodness...are you sure a fight with your friend caused this? I know you kids have to fight each other for practice, but this is..."