048. the last call.

i know i say this every time but im sorry for this chapter 😭

GWENS POV, HER BEDROOM.

i wake up in my bed, my eyes flutter open as i sit up.

no dream.

what?

i take the blanket off me and walk over to my dollhouse, opening it and taking everything out quickly.

"jesus, what the fuck? i mean, what the fuck?! i ask you for help and you give me these clues that dont mean anything. and now this morning, i wake up without any dream at all?"

"seriously! what the hell is wrong with you?" i slightly yell, hoping not to wake my father, "you let the grabber take finney and piper, right? and dont tell me you dont get involved, because you've been giving me these dreams!"

i pause, looking around my room before slouching onto the floor, "unless..." i sigh.

"maybe your not even real.."

FINNEYS POV, THE BASEMENT.

i blink slowly a few times as i open my eyes, i look around the room. hoping to see myself in my own bed, or in the hospital, or anywhere other than that basement.

but as i looked up, i looked around and saw the same thing i'd been seeing for around a week or two now? i haven't been counting the days anymore.

i then look beside me, and see piper lay on the mattress, still on the carpet that had been left there.

i take a good look at her, she's alive. she has dried up blood on her nose and finger prints all over her arms. he dragged her in here.

i check my arms and hands for bruises, or finger prints, but their wasn't any.

i look around the basement, and stand up. trying to find out another way to get out of here.

i turn and see the phone, it isn't ringing, though. "fuck you." i say to the phone without thinking, which i sound obviously crazy doing.

i walk over to the phone and stare at it, hoping someone will call and give us another way out of here, hoping someone will call before piper wakes up, so i can give her hope.

i turn to look at piper and see her shuffling around, she opened her eyes with tears in her eyes already, that were probably trapped in there when she got punched in the nose like i did.

i sit down next to her on the carpet, she looks around the room quickly, but all of the hope that was on her face left when she saw the familiar phone on the wall.

"no, no. no we should have gotten out of here--" she looks over at me, tears showing up in her eyes again as she tries to blink them away, but they just fall down her cheeks.

"i know. piper, i know."

"did anyone call? can we get out of here? please tell me someone called, finn."

i stay quiet, not wanting to let her down as i try to think of ideas in between all of the other thoughts rushing through my head.

"no one called." i see all of the hope drop from her face again, "but, i have an idea."

she looked back up at me, "what?"

"did you and vance get far enough into that wall? you said he heard something behind it?"

"we didn't have time, the grabber came in and stabbed him."

"well, maybe we could keep looking. try and find something, or anything that could get us out of here."