022. tears & family.

❝i BROKE your HEART

like someone did to MINE

save your tears ―the weeknd

―――wednesday??, ???, robins pov.

I WOKE UP on the small, crusty mattress. it had fresh blood on it... my blood. my whole body ached. im so stupid, to think piper would come to save me? to even go upstairs in the first place? it was an obvious trap and i fell for it. i wont fall for it again.

i sat up, trying to ignore the pain. i scrunched up my face and groaned as i stood up off the grimy, old mattress. where all of the other kids must have lay, bruce, griffin, billy... and hopefully, if my plan works, there wont be any more kids to die, or get captured, or even have to experience this. the grabber would have died instead.

i walked around the room and looked up at the window. i walked back, and tried to get a small starting point, but it was obviously a bad idea. i ran up, jumping at the barred window, but i collapsed as my body slammed into the stone wall.

i almost started to cry. "save your tears for when your with her again. when your home, with piper." the voice in my head reminded me.

i have to try again, im getting out of here.

i got up off the floor and tried pulling myself up, like i did when piper was there, when i saw her, when she went to the wrong house. but i didn't have enough strength. i hadn't eaten in a day or two, and my whole body ached.

is this how he was planning to kill me? starve me out? hurt me? so i cant fight back?

i gave up on trying to pull myself up, and sat in the corner of the room, that phone above me. why have a phone in here if it doesn't even work? it gives me a weird feeling, makes me feel like im not alone in this dreadful basement.

i heard footsteps coming down into the basement, and i quickly moved my feet up to my chest, and put my head in my hands, fake sleeping.

the door creaked open, and the grabber walked into the room, it wouldn't have been anyone else, and i wouldn't risk checking who it was.

"i know your not sleeping, robin."

i looked up in shock, but quickly wiped the look off my face, "how do you know my name?" i replied.

"the newspaper tells me everything. where you live, who you are, your phone number, your family's names..." he smirked to himself as he said the last list, "piper.. she was just across the street yesterday, hm?"

i stood up, ignoring the pain by how much anger this man caused, "leave her the fuck alone, she doesn't deserve anything bad."

"well-" he placed the eggs and sprite he was carrying onto the floor, "i hope your not too hungry, thats all i can-"

a knock at the door.

"i better go and answer that." he said, quickly standing up and leaving the room, closing and locking the door behind him before i could run.

the lights then switched off.

the lock clunked.

i was stuck again, no hope left.

―――wednesday, 12:56, pipers pov

i walked up to the door, ringing the doorbell and knocking on it a few times. i tried to look through the little window in the door, but through the small gap all i could see was... an empty house, exactly like before.

but it was weird, as soon as i stepped through the gate i got that bad feeling again. i knocked on the door repeatedly, and eagerly, "hello!? is anyone there?" i said, looking at the picture i had of robin, to ask if they had seen him.

but no one answered.

i turned around and looked at the house across the street, maybe someone there might know if anyone lives there, or had lived there.

i walked down the steps, and across the wet grass, opening the rusty, old gate and making my way over to the house across the street.

once i walked onto the grass, leading to the door.. i had a bad feeling, an even worse feeling. but i decided to ignore it, i might be wrong about that house, so what could be so bad about this one.

once i knocked on the door, i felt robins presence. is he in here? is he in the other house?

questions flooded through my head, until the door flung open, revealing the house. "oh, hi, uh, do you know if anyone lives in that house across the street?" i asked, pointing back at the house.

the man looked me up and down as if he recognised me from somewhere. this man gave me a weird feeling, a really weird one.

"i dont think anyone owns it." the man had a deepish, voice.

"oh, well, have you seen this boy?" i said, pulling out the picture of robin and showing it to him. i couldn't bring myself to look at it again.

"no, but im a detective of the case, would you like to come in? maybe i could share some ideas i have on where he could be?" the man asked, politely.

i was going to decline until i saw a board of all of the boys pictures, including robins, "yeah. sure." i sent him a small smile and walked into the house.