049. the fight.

girl omg. im scared to finish this book. the next chapter will be the last one 😭

PIPERS POV, THE BASEMENT.

when the line went silent, i slowly sat on the floor. taking deep breaths every few seconds, trying my best not to cry at all. i have to push it all to the side, for today. so we can get out of here. no distractions.

i take a breath, and contemplate giving in, and passing the phone to finney. i dont want too. if thats the only chance of communicating with my brother, then i dont want to give that up.

but like i said, push it all away, for one day. 

my grip on the phone loosens, and i drop it to the floor beside me. "just do it, finn." i push it toward him, watching the phone as i do so.

i look up at him, he had a look of sympathy on his face. i nod at him, "its fine. i promise. just take it." 

he nods, and picks up the phone, grabbing two parts of the cord and snapping them apart, i flinch when it snaps.

finney looks at me again, "do it, finn. we need to get out of here, ill talk to him again."

i think about what robin said. 

"i love you so much, okay? im never going to leave you. your never going to loose me, im always going to be here. ill visit you, in dreams, whenever i can. right? ill always be by your side, no matter what."

he'll always be with me. i'll see him again.

finn nods, and walks over to the carpet spread across the floor and moves it, picking up and handful of dirt from the hole we dug, packing it into the receiver tight, as robin told him too.

he covers it up again, and looks down at a small metal hook poking out at him, then walks over to where he hid the cable, wrapping it around and then tying it up.

he walks over to me and sits down next to me, "im sorry, piper."

"you shouldn't be. im not mad at you. its for the best, yeah?"

"yeah. yeah." he goes quiet for a minute, "but, i feel like ive just.. taken him away from you, and i dont want too-"

"finn, you heard what he said. he'll visit me in my dreams. he's with us now, im not alone. and he's not gone."

finney nods, "yeah, okay." he says quietly.

"finn?" i turn to him.

"yeah?"

"what am i supposed to fight him with? ill be unarmed, and you have the phone."

he stays quiet for a minute, looking down at the jacket im wearing. "buzz.." he says quietly, that quiet i can hardly make out what hes saying.

"buzz? what about buzz?"

"that pocket knife- you had it in that jacket, right?"

i look down at the jacket and shove my hands in the pockets, i feel the familiar fabric and slowly pull it out as i look at the bandana, placing it in my lap.

i feel around in my pockets again until i feel a hard plastic, i pull it out and see the pocket knife. with the initials; B.T.

my head snaps to the door when the lights turn on, as does finneys.

we both scramble to our feet and stand against the wall, finney gripping onto the phone as i grip onto the pocket knife.

"you ready?" he whispers, not turning to look at me and keeping his glance fixed on the door.