031. dont take him.

❝i DONT want you

to LEAVE will you

hold my HAND?

stay with me, sam smith.

❝could you TELL me,

where'd you get the NERVE?

broke me first, tate mcrae.

PIPERS POV, BASEMENT.

i sat in the dreaded basement, not moving at all as i sat in the corner, although i could feel some sort of presence with me, a tingling feeling on my arm. robins lifeless body lay on the mattress next to me. i couldn't look at him anymore. i couldn't look at my own brother. he doesn't look like my brother anymore, he looks nothing like him. the cuts and bruises, they were normal, but not massive ones like that, not a big slice across his arm, a small slice across his neck, stab wounds in his-

the memory of his body flashed though my mind. my moist cheeks, got wetter as tears spilled out of my eyes like a river.

i shouldn't have been the one that lived. it should have been him that got away.

i put my head in my hands as i sobbed, thinking of the things i could have done to save him if i was there. the things i would do to have him here with me right now. i would also do anything for one of vances hugs. the one hug i got from him the day i found out robin was missing.. was a passionate hug, a hug i've never felt before. it was unique.

wait, no... why am i thinking about vance? this basement really has done something to me.

i shook my head, the tears spilling in different directions as i cuddled up in a small ball, until i heard the rusty door open, which i wondered why it didn't wake me... it must have, i rushed back over to the mattress, holding robins lifeless body, i still didnt look at him, though, i couldn't bare it.

"ah, you are awake!" the grabber had half of his mask on. the top half. i examined him, making sure he wasn't going to do anything to robin. he had a small knife in his pocket, the sharp end pointing at the bottom. so if he pulled it out, it would easily stab into someone. he also had another one, hiding underneath his belt.

i got a glimpse at robins lifeless body, which was in my arms. i covered my mouth as i sobbed, in which they were now covered in robins blood, "what the fuck did you do." i whispered, looking up at him, and yelling when i got no answer, "what did you do!?"

he looked- shocked? what?

"i always knew you were a special one, but killing your own fucking brother? i wasnt done with him-!" the grabber furrowed his brows.

what?

"i- no i- i didnt do this!" i stuttered, looking down at his body, which was slightly wet as my tears dripped onto him, "you did!"

"oh, sweetheart, i haven't touched the poor boy. he hadn't finished the game yet." he groaned, "well, im going to have to find another boy." the grabber sighed.