018. flyer

❝in the BACK of my MIND

you DIED, and i didnt

even CRY, no, 

not a single TEAR

romantic homocide ―d4vd

―――wednesday, 4:05, arellano household

piper didn't sleep that night, every time she drifted off to sleep, she saw robin. even the thought of him hurt her, it made her cry. she decided that she would go to school for a distraction, its the best distraction she had at that point, as all that was on her mind was robin. robin, robin, robin. 

her body felt like chains were holding her down when she got out of bed, her whole body was heavy, her eyes were red and puffy from crying, and so she went into the bathroom to have a shower, to freshen up.

once she got out of the shower, she walked into her bedroom, and went in her closet, she saw one of robins hoodies and pulled it out. it even smelt like him, her eyes started to water, she put it on, as well as some jeans. piper couldn't pull herself to put on anything other than concealer under her eyes, to avoid the eye bags.

she walked into the kitchen as she does every morning but this time at 5:00am, to see her ma getting cereal out of the cabinet, she didn't cook this morning, she couldn't bring herself to do it, "hey, mamá." she sent her a small smile, and sat down at her normal seat, turning to look at robins seat, hoping for atleast an insult, until she realised he wasn't there

"hey, cariño. get any sleep last night?" her ma replied, coughing a little to avoid how she was crying earlier, and she wiped under her eyes, then sat down at her normal seat with her daughter.

now there was two seats missing. her fathers seat, and now robins too. her mother passed her a bowl of cereal, "yeah, a little." she lied, not wanting to worry her mother.

"i take it your going in today then?" she assumed, by her daughters clothing.

"yeah, i need a distraction." she shrugged, taking another mouthful of the cereal then getting up.

"ill drive you, im not letting you walk to school alone."

"its fine, mamá, really. vance said he'd walk with me."

"vance?"

"yes, mamá. vance"

"so robby wasn't lying when he said something was going on there, huh?"

"i dont know, maybe."

"well, okay then. make sure the school calls me when you get there, hm?"

"i will, love you mamá."

"love you too."

―――wednesday, 6:21

piper left the house after an hour of contemplating on whether to go into school or not that day, but she decided too anyway. she walked past finney's house, but decided to just keep walking, hopefully he wouldn't mind that she walked with vance instead. on the way to the Grab N Go, she saw a new flyer on the board, and stopped to read it.

she looked down at the floor, not even wanting to look at the flyer any longer, a tear went down her face as she continued walking, trying to pretend she never saw that stupid flyer in the first place

she finally got to the Grab N Go, and wiped her tears as she saw the familiar boy playing pinball, she decided not to disturb him, and she walked right to the front counter to miss hopper, "hey duck, how are you doing?" miss hopper said sympathetically, pulling piper into a hug.

"i just saw his flyer." she mumbled, looking down at the floor as she pulled away from the hug, "why is this so hard?"

"it'll get better, okay? the police are going to find him, love." she moved the hair out of pipers face and kissed her on the forehead.

miss hopper was like a second mother to her, she looked after her when her mother was going through things, and started drinking, miss hopper helped her and robin through it, thats why it was so hard for her to take in that he was stuck with the grabber.

"what if they dont? they didn't find griffin.. or billy.. or–" she paused at the next name, "bruce.."

at this moment, she realised that if the grabber had taken robin, bruce must've been.. well, gone, forever. she looked down at the floor as tears threatened to spill, but she held them back.

"they will, okay. ill make sure of it."

piper nodded, wiping the tears that were starting to form.