003. piper

―――monday, 8:37, vances POV.

"i dont do peoples fucking dirty work. you'll pay for what you did later." i said as an excuse. letting go off piper and shoving her to the floor, then walking down the stairs, causing the three boys to run in case i was coming for them instead.

i dont do peoples dirty work? what kind of fucking excuse was that. why didnt i just beat the shit out of her? i dont know, i couldn't. it didnt feel right. shes a girl, but ive beaten up girls before, only when they deserve it. 

i walked to my next class, trying not to think anything of the girl thats flooding my mind, which angered me. god am i going to beat the shit out of her. shes all over my mind, but i still cant lay a hand on her, and i dont know why.

i walked into english, and sat down at the back of the class, as i usually do, still thinking of her. i never usually come to classes, but i need to get my mind off her, the class was boring enough to get me thinking about her again.

why isn't she scared of me? and why does arellano sound so familiar?

the door flung open, and piper walked into the classroom, looking around the classroom for a spare seat, but the only one was next to me. fuck

―――monday, 8:56, pipers POV

i got up off the floor after he was out of sight, and walked to my next class, still wondering why he didn't beat the shit out of me for literally slamming a locker door square into his face. i decided not to think much of it, he did say i'd pay for it. i opened the door to my english class, and saw that someone was sat in my seat. i looked around for another seat, but the only one left was the seat next to vance.

"why are you late?" the teacher said, which caused me to turn my head to him instead of looking at vance. i shrugged, and then walked to the seat next to vance and sat down. this is going to be the worst day, i can already tell.

i rummaged through my bag to try and find a pencil, but i couldn't. the fuck? i felt in my pockets but there wasn't one there either. i saw a pencil in vance's pocket, and smirked. i slowly pulled it out of his pocket, not taking my eyes off the front of the class, so he doesn't get suspicious. i then pulled it out and started writing with it.

"so, someone tell me what propaganda is." the man at the front of the class said, looking around and pointing at me, "can you tell me, piper?"

"uh," i hesitated. i usually listen in english, but i skipped the lesson we had when we were learning about this to hang out with finn and robin, who had a free period. vance nudged me, "its false information, dumb shit." he whispered, still looking at the front.

"like, false information?" i repeated, hoping he didn't just trick me for a laugh.

"correct, so propaganda is false information spread by.." the teacher's words trailed off in my mind, as i turned to look at vance.

"why the fuck did you tell me the right answer?" i whispered to him.

he didn't take his eyes off the front of the classroom, and shrugged.

there has to be a reason, he wouldn't just tell me the right answer for no reason, vance hopper isn't nice, or at least he wasn't meant to be?