039. dreams

(this might be annoying but ive been writing in past tense, because i had an idea but it wont work so im writing in present tense again 😭)

GWENS POV, BLAKE HOUSE.

im riding on my bike, i look up at the sky and see its a dark purple. im dreaming. i cant control where my bike is going. its like the bike is peddling for me. i dont dare try to stop peddling, if the dream knows that im dreaming, i figured it wont go well.

i keep peddling, until i stop at a house. the number read 7741. weird, i swear ive seen that number somewhere before. i brush it off for now, theres more important things going on. like where the fuck i am, and what this means.

i sigh, and get off my bike, setting it up on the metal house.

wait. this is the house were the police found my bike. i had a dream about vance last night, too, and this came up. he carved 7741 into some guys arm because he crashed into his pinball game.

i slowly walk toward the gate, opening it, getting small visions from the dream i had about vance, kicking this fence.

i shake it off and as im about to walk through the gate, finney shows up in the window of the door, banging on it, screaming "help! HELP!" over and over, until...

some man comes up behind him, "FINNEY NO!" i yell, "BEHIND YOU!" i cry out, but im guessing the grabber, in a creepy mask, holds a knife up to his neck, and his voice echos through my ears.

"time to switch."

i was going to scream. to help him. to save him, even though i know it would be impossible, im dreaming. but before i could scream at all, i wake up.

i wake up in a cold sweat, my eyes watering. i jolt up out of bed and look out of the window and up at the sky, its dark. but not purple, just dark.

i sigh in relief, but then remember how my dreams mean things. how that could mean something.

i check my alarm clock beside my bed, it reads 11:32pm. its late, but hopefully pipers mom will be awake.

i pull the blanket off me and grab a jacket, i slowly open my bedroom door, hoping not to wake my dad, ive done that once before. and trust me, it didnt end well.

i slowly creep over to the front door, once i get out i run to my bike and peddle to sofia's house, paranoid, peeking around every corner.

i throw my bike outside of sofia's house, and run to her door, knocking on it rapidly, banging on it like my life depends on it. but, im not too far off. finneys life could depend on it. pipers life could depend on this.

"im coming! IM COMING!" i hear a yell from inside, and i stop banging on the door, messing with my fingers whiles i wait for someone to unlock the door.

"what could anyone want at this time of-" sofia opens the door, and looks over at me, her eyes soften when she sees me, "gwen?"

"can i come in?"

she nods, and opens the door for me, allowing me to come inside.

VANCES POV, THE BASEMENT.

"time to switch."

i look over at the grabber, and see finney held tight in his grip. i stand up, but groan as i do so because of the wound in my shoulder. piper looks up at me, "sit the fuck down, vance, your shoulder."

she stands up as she slightly sits me back down, she hesitates but says, "switch, me and finney." then looks over at me.

"piper-" i try to stand.

"oh, piper. i dont want you, silly. i want that boy." the grabber smirks, tightening his grip on finney, "and we all know what happens when i dont get what i want, dont we?" he smirks, whispering to finney.

piper looks up, "what did you do to him." she said sternly, obviously on the verge of tears by the crack in her voice.

i stand up, "piper let him take me. i'll be fine, i promise." i groan.

"no you fucking wont! you got stabbed, what? 5 minutes ago?!" she was about to push my shoulder, put then she realised it was the shoulder i was stabbed in earlier.

i start untying the bandana, hoping blood doesn't spill out of my shoulder.

"vance!" she yells, holding the bandana on my shoulder, "what the fuck are you doing?!"

"take it." i sigh.

"what? no! you could die from fucking blood loss you-" piper refuses.

"he would want you to take it."

she goes silent, showing that she knows exactly who he is.

"fine." she takes her jacket off, then removes the bandana from my shoulder, tying the jacket there instead, "there."

"god im sick of this arguing. get here, boy."

i tie the bandana on pipers head, and kiss her forehead.

why the fuck did i just do that? im not soft, im tough. im meant to be tough.

i walk over to finney, looking back at piper, but she didn't turn around. i hear small, but sharp breaths from behind me.

the grabber holds out his hand to me, and once i get closer, he grabs my arm and pulls me into a headlock, letting finney go into the basement.

he tightens his grip on me, "remember our promise." i say, even though she probably isnt listening. i dont have time to hesitate, so i quickly blurt out, "i love you, piper."

the door slams closed before finney can run to it, "i have things planned for you, boy."