Under Construction: Things To Fix + Revise In Feeble {PART 1/2}

After the host of the Lion Awards gave me feedback on what to correct in Feeble, I now know what to add. For now, I'll fix Chapter 1 and the summary/blurb because I have too much on my hands to rewrite the whole book. But I will keep this as notes on this page to go back to. 

I have to fix, line-edit, and probably rewrite ALL the chapters to improve Feeble. However, I would rather finish the sequel before revising Feeble.

HERE ARE A FEW THINGS TO FIX: 

1. Grammer Improvement

2. Sentence Construction/Structure

3. Characters 

Writing this novel was my first after getting out of the wreck I had with Dangerous Romance and Irregular Mysteries. I didn't have a specific goal for this novel and began to take Feeble seriously once the book started to grow. Since I didn't win the Wattys or the Lion Awards, there is room for improvement.

I don't have any grammar and sentence construction issues because I feel I had gotten better when I started writing I'M DEAD and Lying & Mischief. However, Feeble was the first novel I wrote in the Summer of 2021. Dangerous Romance and Irregular Mysteries were more script-driven novels in a book series of 100 chapters. So, I didn't write an actual story with paragraphs.

I experimented a lot in I'M DEAD and Lying & Mischief when those novels were a little better than Feeble. Grammar and sentence construction won't be much of a problem because I'm used to editing as much as possible to know a little about the errors.

So far, I think the characters are what I want to improve on. I've put a lot of thought into everyone in the sequel that I do not want to make them flat in Book 1.

CHARACTERS TO MAKE OUTSTANDING: 

1. Danny

*Since I fixed the romance between Linda and Danny, I have a few ideas to sweeten his character which will be continually enhanced in the sequel. Probably in Chapter 26, Danny shows his cooking skills to impress Linda, adding some spice to their relationship, and having their banter with one another.

*Danny skates on his skating board in the neighborhood and Linda wants to race him. They try to compete with each other yet Danny will easily win. Since a kiss hasn't been shared, Linda almost trips and Danny catches her. But they end up falling on top of each other, with an almost kiss. This could happen in PART 3 OR 4 since Linda's adjusting to Middleton and the people.

*In PART 2, I want to introduce Danny before their iconic moment in Chapter 16. Maybe in Chapter 14, she meets Danny yet he's a math tutor. Linda will only call Danny "Mr. Blonde Boy" since she's not interested in Middleton and the people in it at that point. Then when he saves her from that dumpster, everything changes. Ruth admires Danny and sees that appreciation in him. And it'll make more sense why he doubts himself since he is intelligent in his work.

*Near the end of Part 4, I like the text exchanges between him and Linda. Nevertheless, the ending of Part 4 can be a little better. Linda visits Danny out of expectation, so they hang out. Danny and Linda can compete in video games since they are "platonic" at the moment. Next, Linda tells Danny about why she's so fearful of singing in public and that can hit right there when they share a moment. Danny can play the piano and Linda hums the rhythm that can sympathy their connection. At this point, they are already catching feelings for one another. Linda runs home to express this to Betty and her Dad, everything happens at the same time. Danny and Linda's text exchange can occur but it's different.

*Danny and Ricky should be equally popular so Ricky won't be like the sidelined buddy-best friend. 

2. Charlotte

*Make her a soccer player to torment Linda, Harper, or Rachel.

*Make her a little meaner.

*Give her reasons as to why she likes Ricky so it wouldn't feel redundant. I had another idea to make Charlotte be in love with Danny yet I don't want to make a whole love triangle in Book 1 when mostly Linda's trying to discover herself and not deal with petty drama. 

*Add more to Ricky and Charlotte's relationship.

3. Layla

*Linda and Layla making up was way too quick in PART 1 and should've been saved for later. They still had some holes in their relationship that made Linda resentful of Layla. And them healing their relationship should take time than a quick hug. 

*Make Layla still a diva but she'll continue to make progress in the sequel. Linda and Layla will still have a complicated relationship by not being as close as they were when they were younger, yet now things can be a little different. 

THE WINTER BALL: WHAT TO CHANGE 

*Have Sanchez save Linda from the pool instead of Ruth that'll seal the deal with the mother-daughter relationship between Linda and Sanchez. It'll still be the same going forward with speculating Betty but I'll have Ruth only show up at the Winter Ball with a cast on her neck and arm to make a glorious appearance at the winter ball. So her having forgetful memories of Betty can be put on hold for more suspense to happen in the sequel to questioning the reality of Betty. 

*Add more personality to the men Betty possessed/mind-controlled.

*I might make other things different.

-FINAL NOTES- 

My thoughts feel more-so unorganized yet it isn't complete. Although, I will add more to this because I have many thoughts about what I want to add regarding Feeble in the process.

Stay tuned for Part 2.