Analysis: Why Doesn't Goldwind Help?

A/N: Surprise, surprise. I have found out that Robert Carlyle's birthday is tomorrow. Let this be a shoutout to the actor because I like the way he acted in 28 Weeks Later, and other roles I have seen him in.

James is a complex character when creating him. He has a lot of secrets that he doesn't tell Sanchez or Linda upfront about him. Usually, he mentions his family who is dear to him.

But connecting with Linda is different because James is understanding how humans function. It creates a connection between understanding humanity at heart.

Since he is an immortal, he doesn't connect with humans that much. Except he finds them annoying. Although meeting Sanchez, James is still the same self-centered character that he is.

Sanchez and he aren't as close but they know what job they're in for. Find one of the chosen warriors and guide them on their journey. Easy right?

Besides the romance and friendship between Danny and Rachel, I find the bond between James and Linda more interesting. The reason is because of an immortal and mortal connection and bashing heads.

The way they argue, try to understand the other person, and genuinely care for each other. It's a masterpiece.

Goldwind has waited on his ass for decades for Linda. He's dealt with PLENTY of rejection of the truth about Halos. No human was interested but a lot was going on way back in the old days which I won't spoil since it will be CLEARLY explained in the sequel.

The relationship between Goldwind and Linda is beautiful because they understand what the other wants. Plus, adding Christianity into the mix makes it more meaningful.

Goldwind waits for the Master to give him the answers he needs to help the hero. Linda waits for God to answer her prayers.

Both of them look up to a Savior they want to please and love at the same time. Goldwind and Linda are flawed characters. But when Linda failed at her mission, Goldwind does get pissed at how humans can become good at something yet would need a lot of practice to get their way to perfection.

So, why doesn't Goldwind help?

He doesn't want to lend Linda the easy way out. Since Linda was chosen, he wants her to do the missions by herself to gain knowledge about Halos and the Master himself. Goldwind doesn't want to interfere with the most important aspect when it came to wearing the ring. Having a deep connection with the Master surpasses everything. Such as a room for intimacy.

I know that may sound selfish but it is a part of the job of being a guardian to the mortals. The heroes will suffer but that doesn't mean the guardians or the Master would ignore them.

The Master's relationship with the heroes is far more important in the battles + missions that will take place in the Mystique series.

Also, it creates individuality between each member of the group. Such as Superman taking care of his battles along with Goku settling with his enemies.

Anyway, this is a short analysis of Goldwind's attitude toward why he can't interfere with Linda's missions.