Chapter Twenty- Seven...

Violet limped her way to the bedroom. Not even making it to the bed she dropped to the floor with a loud heart wrenching scream. She yelled till her throat begged for mercy.

"Why am I like this? I don't want to be pathetic! I don't want to not be worthy! But why can't I do anything!" She tugged at her hair as she continued rocking herself repeatedly. Just a hair strand away from slipping into a no return despair. But slowly, that self loathe turned outward. She was angry, not just at herself but at the world. The world that she never knew, she hated it for what little knowledge she had. The world was bitter and vile. It intentionally hurts for its own benefit, all in an effort to further its own twisted agenda, the world strips the inhabitants of their innocence, their good, their hope. She hated the world just as much as she hated herself. The question that she had to answer though, was what would she do with such hatred.

Violet left the room after a week. She walked out the living room where she found Fera speaking to two large men. She tossed the vile and Fera caught it easily.

"This is your answer?" asked Fera.

"I don't have an answer. I'm just angry," said Violet. Her tone was different from herself before. Raw and enraged. Fera chuckled.

"Then there's some things you need to get caught up on," Fera said. She waved the two men out of the room. They bowed and exited.

"Your sisters, have been through a lot like you. Amaryllis is in Selria with Lilith currently, she's training and currently a General in their army. Allyssa has suffered much. She was taken by the Red Hunters and put through a series of failed rituals. Demaryius' plan was to make himself a guardian by taking her power. Thankfully, it didn't work and we got her back before they did her any worse. She's not here though, she has her own healing and training to do. As for Orchid, she is the biggest surprise of them all." Violet heart melted for her sisters but tightened at Orchid's name.

"Orchid Lethanos-Theron is the Queen of Feronia and married to the King, Joshua Theron."

"What?!" Violet shouted. She stumbled back in shock. Her sister was now the Queen of the people that destroyed everything she loved. She was married to the man that destroyed her family.

"I'll kill her," muttered Violet.

"Your sister is a Guardian candidate for the Dark. She can't die,"

"Then I'll kick her ass."

"Better."

Violet and Fera took a walk to the open field she once had her trial with the dragon on.

"What can you tell me about the Guardianship? I only know what Liam- oh dammit I forgot. Where is Liam?" she panicked.

"Liam is with Allyssa acting as her guide in my place. He's fine. As for the guardianship, your battles are beyond just the guardianship," said Fera. She dig her childlike feet into the grass.

"Every struggle all of you have been through is because of the gods. The Old God sewed seeds of evil into the world to stop the New God's plan of saving our world. Evil acts, tumbling misfortune, all are products of the battle between the God's desires.

The guardianship is a mere tool to make or break this world and we are the tools of the tools," said Fera.

"Great, I'm just a chess piece in a family argument," Violet deadpanned.

"I can't even argue with that sadly. We are all here because a being got bored."

"Why does the Old God want to destroy us?"

"Because we're destroying them. The longer the earth exists, the longer it feeds off of their power and the less the Old God has followers, the weaker they will be." Fera skipped around dancing in the field while she spoke. Twisting and turning leaving a patch of white flowers wherever her feet touched.

"But the New God doesn't want that?" asked Violet.

"If they did, do you think we would be here?" asked Fera as she twirled. Violet nodded in agreement.

"Hang on, if humans were the Old God's creation? They worship a God don't they? The Old God should have his strength," said Violet. Fera stopped mid pirouette. Her eyes darkened and eyebrows knitted.

"That's the other problem that we have. Human's have twisted their origin to a religion created by a collective of humans who desired to create a masterpiece that would last beyond their time, the Bible is what they call it. This religion has been feed by their will so much that it is slowly turning into power. If we don't stop it, I fear the Old God isn't the only one we'll have to worry about."

Violet swallowed at Fera's seriousness. Humans were always seen as weaker beings because of their shortened lifespan to an Etherion's. But their will power was a dangerous tool they themselves didn't know they had. A human's will is what shaped everything they knew to exist, even the God who created them. It is why their numbers in the path of life had lessened so greatly. Their amount of will stirred too much.

"This is a lot to take in. A war, the guardianship and potential new god is brewing," muttered Violet. Fera walked over and held her hand.

"It is a lot and you will suffer, but for the ones you treasure. You must do this," said Fera. Violet sighed. There was no question. She wasn't capable of shouldering any of it.

"I need to be stronger," she said softly.

"And I shall guide you to get there. You are not alone. Just as you will get stronger, your sisters are too. Even if they aren't by your side just yet," said Fera. Violet nodded.

"Tell me what I need to do," she said strongly. Fera huffed and smiled proudly. Violet was ready to try. It was time to be the person she was born to be.

Violet had found her resolve, she was ready to fight and more importantly, get her revenge.

"Before anything you need to regain your strength physically and mentally, a resolution without proper training is no different from a going into battle with a shield made of glass. Until I deem you ready you are forbidden from seeing anyone." Violet nodded. "For now, you need to eat three times a day and meditate for nine hours a day and sleep the rest," she told her.

"That's insane who meditates for nine hours?"

Fera's expression left no room for argument.

"Fine, but before we can start, can we do a send away ceremony for Daunte and my family?" asked Violet tenderly.

"Why for Daunte? I never said he was dead," said Fera bluntly.

"But you said he was lost."

"Lost. Not dead. We don't know his condition, it's been years but we have nothing on him."

Violet mood brightened. To her, no news was good news and that was all she needed for now. She would focus on her true goal, catching up to her sisters.