Chapter Eighteen...

When they arrived at Selria, they were greeted by two very large guards. Their skin shone blue in the moonlight and the cloth of their clothing glowed a soft blue.

"We welcome your majesty and her party, our goddess awaits your arrival," one guard said as he bowed. They rode through a thick evergreen forest, Allyssa rode on Gris with Orchid. Violet and Daunte rode on Liam. The closer they got to the main villages he looked more uncomfortable.

"Hey little giant, you know they don't bite right?" said Orchid.

"I'm aware dark witch, the only one I need to fear is you," his smile returned.

"Damn right," he relaxed and smiled which she returned. Violet looked at them strangely, Orchid shrugged. Even she can be a nice person. She wondered if it really had been so hard to believe.

Selria is quite the sight, the main towns were littered with oranges, pinks, purples and yellows that shone into the dense layers of evergreen. Bridges over small moats separating parts of the town, streets bustling with life. Though they came to a halt when they walked through streets.

"The Lake of Midnight Waters is just ahead. Please dismount and walk the rest of the path," said the same guard.

The lake is more stunning than the villages. The water glowed brightly beneath its surface from an unknown source and surrounded by thicker evergreen. Men, women and children relaxed and played about the area. When they arrived, they welcomed them warmly. The children tugged at their clothes asking endless questions, one of them tried to climb Daunte like a tree. They tried tackling Liam to get a free ride. The children were as dark as the guards, they dressed in white dresses and tunics with trousers. They're blue eyes mocked the lake. One child stood out from the rest, he dressed in tattered linen shirt and short trousers, pale skin and bright red eyes.

He stood silently among the rest his eyes locked on Orchid's. He walked up to her and held her hand. She knelt down to get a closer look at him. What was this familiar feeling she got? She didn't know this child.

'You are the one,' he whispered.

"What do you mean?" she questioned. He released her hand and walked away into the trees. What a strange kid, she thought to herself.

"Orchid she's calling us," called Violet, she nodded and walked along with them. The goddess was truly beautiful, her skin looked like a droplet of the starry skies themselves. Her slender body stretched to half of the evergreens behind. Her hair just as thick, ending just below her shoulders. She sat on the edge of the lake, wearing nothing but a shear white robe that properly covered nothing.

"Euphoria?" Orchid blurted out and covered her mouth in a panic.

Who the hell is Euphoria? She thought to herself.

Violet and the other's looked at her curiously, she shrugged to ward off their curious looks.

"Unfortunately no, my sister is no longer with me. I am Lilith, the one who observes Life," she stated coolly. Her voice tickled earlobes like a trickling droplet.

"Welcome Guardians of Light, Earth and Dark, and child of mine," they remained mute at her words.

"What is your name little one?" She gestured at Daunte.

"Daunte, great goddess," he bowed.

"Your true name," she commanded.

"Icarus, I have no origin name."

"Your heart is that of your mother, her light shines brightly within you."

"You know my mother?"

"Your mother is my sister, Euphoria, the one who observes the Sea," Daunte turned to Orchid with question in his eyes, she kept her expression unfazed.