Chapter Nine...

Phoenix, Daunte, Lancelot and the King had dedicated their time to planning a counterattack to the uncle's plans. They left all matters to the Scarlet and Violet under the guise of preparing for an engagement ball at the castle. Orchid was tasked with being the temporary head general. The nights of drinking with the fellow generals did her well in gaining their trust and respect, hopping from pub to pub and causing three bar fights amongst a group of thrill- seeking friends of the Queen brought them close.

Daunte's uncle arrived at the castle the morning of the Engagement ball. The tall, tinted white skin and round bellied man grinned as greedy eyes roamed the castle walls. The man wanted everything they had. He believed he was deserving of the land, fame and fortune the world had to offer and would do anything to acquire it. Being the half-blood brother of Daunte's father made him unworthy of his post in a number of the tribe's members. He did everything he could to prove his worth. He would prove he is better than his father and brother regardless of his human mother's genes.

"I see this place is rather well kept," said Cain with a toothy grin.

"Your words are too kind Lord Cain, shall I prepare lunch for you in the dining hall or will you be eating in your room," asked the head maid.

"The dining hall sounds delightful but for now I'd like to rest," he faked a stretched.

"Yes Lord Cain I understand," the maid exited the room. Cain looked around with eyes filled with envy and hunger.

"Quite the place Legion has here makes me want it too, and I shall when that boy does his job," Cain smirked.

The greedy and sinister man had found out about Violet's condition and made the first move towards Legion. He asked for Violet's hand for his dear nephew who had been next in line to lead the tribe saying that their marriage would add to the boy's favorability among their people and to show their people in a better light.

On the night of the ball, clan leaders, and representatives of all tribes and kingdoms attended to give their greetings and present their gifts. Violet, Orchid and Phoenix stayed together accepting well wishes and other gifts.

Rather than going through the long explanation, the royal family declared Orchid as their daughter who had been sickly during her early days but had recovered and returned to their side. No one questioned it but there were whispers. While the proceedings of the ball were ensuing Scarlet and Legion's attendants were preparing for the attack of the Red Hunters leader. The leader excitedly arrived at the ball with his assistant. He had all of his food and beverages fetched for him by his attendant and he went around speaking to others, his laughter was the loudest in the hall. The family and guests tried to pay no mind to his lack of decency. When everyone had settled Legion went up to say his speech.

"Everyone I'd like to welcome you all and thank you for coming out tonight to celebrate the return of my second daughter and the union of my first. Princess Violet Lethanos and the next head of the Red Hunters Daunte Vondrak," There were many whispers.

"I know that all of you here know about our tainted past between us and the hunters, but It's time to move past that. There has been disdain between all of us for decades, it is my hope that this union will be a representation to all of us to move forward to a day of peace and harmony." Legion picked up two glasses from the server's tray and gestured to Cain to take one.

"To unity and prosperity," Everyone raised their glasses and cheered. Violet and Daunte smiled at each other and the crowd.

"If I may say a few words myself," suggested Cain.

"Of course," said Legion.

"In our family we have a bit of what you would call a tradition." Cain gestured to his attendant, he brought up two small glasses and a very decorative bottle and poured the liquid.