Chapter Four...

Phoenix didn't bother sleeping the rest of the night he decided to go the castle's library and research anything he could find related to his sister's condition.

He heard rustling among the softly lit library's shelving. He walked passed each shelf gently as to not alarm what made the noise. Phoenix side at the culprit.

"Lance, you do realize that the library has chairs and tables, the floor is not as comfortable as most make it seem," he told him. Lancelot, their uncle in blood but brother in arms sat on the floor surrounded by endless stacks of books.

"Isn't that a human creation?" asked Phoenix. Pointing at the thin and narrow tube shining brightly. Lancelot nodded to his question but didn't look up at him.

"Lamps, the third greatest creation of humanity," he finally spoke.

"What's the Second?"

"Phones."

"What's the first?"

"This whiskey," he gestured to the half empty bottle with a man walking with a cane.

Lancelot, the younger-half brother of Legion and Scarlet but more of a brother to their children is the peacemaker of the family. Keeping Phoenix on a leash, cleaning up Scarlet's mess after her outburst and giving Legion the occasional tap on the back of the head whenever he needed it. He doesn't spend all of his time in the castle. He travels between The Land of the Sky, where his mother, The Queen of Dragons rules and The Land of Earth.

"If you stay in a hole like this you'll be the same shade as Violet. I didn't even know you were back in Hemra," said Phoenix.

"I'm perfectly fine being the tone on the shade wheel between Violet and your mother," he said as he flipped through another book.

"What are you doing up?" asked Lancelot.

"Couldn't sleep. Decided to research what I can on Vi's condition. I guess you are too. Found anything?" asked Phoenix.

"Not yet, I'm going through the citizens registration to see if there's a species of us with an ability that can help, the history books, royal artifacts inventory. I'll let you know when I find something," said Lancelot as he shooed him away.

Phoenix shrugged. He knew how Lancelot could be whenever it came to Violet, even if their relationship wasn't the best. The were once inseparable when they fought beside each other in the war and along side their family. Until the passing of the first prince which left unspoken wounds in the both of them.

Phoenix plopped beside him and grabbed one of his books from the unchecked pile. The two read quietly and jotted down any notes that stuck out to them. By sunrise the two were asleep and perched a stack of books in front of them.

The two stumbled out of the library together and met up with a dazed Scarlet holding onto her husband's arm tightly. It took time for her emotions to match an occasion but when she felt it, it was never lightly. Legion looked at the two exhausted men with tired eyes of his own, he too had stayed up searching for answers.

"Anything?" asked Legion.

"No, the only thing that could help us, is extinct. The Dark Nymphs are the only breed of Etherion with the ability to enter other subconscious and pull them out. I've been reading stories about their feats but it's all useless if they don't even exist anymore," said Lancelot. He sighed.

"I can't see anything other than waiting as an option," said Phoenix. Shoulders slumped in defeat.

"Royal family, I am sorry but this was found on the floor in front of the King's study," said a maid. She handed Legion the black and red wax sealed envelope. He grimaced at the sight of the symbol pressed into the blood red wax which most definitely had real blood in it.

"The hell do they want?" Phoenix's tone was bitter.

Legion opened the letter and read it carefully. His fists crumpled the letter the more he read.. Lancelot dove back as his fists crumbled the concrete wall.

"Legion, what's wrong?" asked Lancelot.

"The Dark Nymphs. Do you recall who and why are the reasons they are extinct?" asked Legion.

"Oh...But they can't-."

"They can it seems. And we're not going to like what they want in return." Legion said bitterly.

"What do they want?" asked Scarlet.

"Violet, they want Violet."

"NO I REFUSE IT, ABSOLUTELY NOT! Are you insane, I'm not letting those bastards near Violet again."

"Mother please try to be opened minded," Phoenix pleaded. Scarlet huffed at the thought.

"Is there no other way?" she asked.

"It's all we've got at the moment," said Lancelot. Scarlet gritted her teeth.

"Fine, but if anything happens to my child, I will kill them all myself. Including you my dear husband." The venom in her voice was clear, "what did you have in mind?" she sighed.

"The Red Hunters Tribe were originally human from what I recall, but their founders did some sort of ritual causing them to gain special abilities," explained Legion.

"I'm aware of their history of becoming freaks of nature so skip the long talk and get to the point." Scarlet was always disgusted by their history she despised humans but the hunters brought out a different form of hatred inside of her.

"Before they were the 'Red Hunters' they were a private league of assassins that only answered to their human rulers, after these 'rituals' they were the most feared beings known to Humans and Etherions. The offspring of their members developed an ability overtime to enter the dreams of anyone they choose, their leader would use this as a way to send messages to his business partners or exchange information," said Legion. The Dark Hunters were seen as savages to all of the Etherion race. They consumed the flesh and blood of Etherions for strength and power. Now they reside peacefully with no leader but themselves but they abide to the laws of Hemra.

"I see what you want to do but how can I trust them and this sounds like an unusual ability, how many people left who carry this ability?" asked Scarlet.

"As of now this gift is practically lost in their genes, but it seems the only known 'Dream Walker' left is, Phoenix, hold your mother."

"Not happening." Phoenix backed away from Scarlet's line of sight.

Legion breathed out a tired sigh, "the only left known Dream Walker is the current leader's nephew."

"No I refuse it. I will not let that monstrous brute's family near any of my children," Scarlet fumed.

"This is our only chance to save Violet, please mother I know what they have done, but if there's a chance to save Violet we have to at least try," Phoenix pleaded with his mother.

"There is one thing that they're asking for in return. Violet's hand in marriage," Scarlet seethed with anger but tried to stay calm, "and marry who?" she asked.

"Daunte Vondrak."

"The suspected bastard son of the previous leader?" Scarlet said dumbfounded, Legion nodded.

"Lancelot and I are on board with this it's only yours and Phoenix's vote that is left dear," said Legion.

Scarlet with a pained and angry look of defeat complied, "but if anything happens to my daughter, I will annihilate them."