Chapter One...

Welcome to my newest book...
I'm nervous considering I've had it for some time and I've never shown it before. But the confidence from the few readers my other story has gave me allowed me to try it...

To anyone who's read my other work, this is all thanks to you. You gave me a gift I couldn't give to myself. 

Thank you and enjoy.

(Expect regular updates!!!)
.
.
.
.
.
.

Shelter, a critical element in any creatures life. But what does too much shelter do to a creature who is meant to lead life and tackle its obstacles?

Hollow, a creature without sorrow, pain and experience. Leaving its soul undeveloped and fragile. Opened to the weapons of demons called daily life poking at the barren flesh, breaking instead of changing.

“Princess, your presence has been requested by the King in the main hall,” said the maid from the bedroom door.

“Alright.” She says quietly. Violet gets up from the bed and stretches her soar limbs from her nap.

Yesterday’s training with the royal guard’s newest arrivals had taken a toll on her this time. There were more wolf men indoctrinated. She stared out the window with a dead expression. Unable to process the vibrancy of the world’s colors with eyes that live within the gray area of the world’s sights.

“I don’t want to talk to father,” she mumbled as she closed her eyes.

“I’ll do it.” Her tone changing from timid to confident and collected.

Her blue-grey pupils now dilating from the brightness of the forest just outside of the castle’s window. She brushes her white curly hair out of her face and checks herself in the mirror. She smiles in approval at her appearance. Her white skin paired with the fitted blue corset, a brown leather fitted pants she threw on with a matching leather coat and strapped her sword to her waist.

“The rest of you need to behave. Especially you. Don’t roll your eyes at me,” she huffed as she spoke in the mirror. She sighed and left the room.

The castle known as the Lord’s Den to those of the Land of Earth has been her family’s home since the war between Etherions and Humans. Today’s peace is maintained by Etherions, who became the larger race population of the world. The war had decreased the number of humans to that of one continent they circulated to after the treaty was settled. Now there are five territories in this world. The Lands of Earth-Hemra, The Lands of Fire- Feronia, The Lands of Sky- Dorgrania, The Lands of Sea- Selria and The Lands of Man. Every territory is home to a type of Etherion of said Element. Here in the lands of Earth, creatures of the earth and earth oriented fae and gods reside quietly in their own spaces. The ruler of this land and the overseers of all Four lands for Etherions are the Lethanos Family. A family of Earth oriented Gods and Goddesses. They started the war between Etherions and Humans and brought them to victory. They ended the mindless bloodshed of Etherion blood by the hands of humans and brought peace to the world.

“My Lord, Violet Lethanos, General of the Royal Guard has arrived,” she announced as she kneeled in respect. Legion Lethanos, the King and her father greeted her solemnly.

“Still formal as always, I see,” he said.

“I am on duty, my Lord. I must address you with such respect,” she said as she straightened.

Legion is a large very muscular man with black dreadlocks that ended on his lower back, dark skin and golden eyes that pierced through anyone’s very soul. His voice was competition for thundering skies as everything about him screamed Royalty. Unfortunately, Violet’s lack of resemblance to any of her family members brought unwarranted stares. Her family was every tone of brown the ground could muster. While she was as pale as the clouds in the sky, even her twin brother was a chocolate brown baby at birth.

“How is the proceedings for your trials fairing?” he asked.

“Very well, with the competition of the heirs now out of the way, the only thing remaining is the venture to the four lands for the acceptance ceremonies,” she replied.

Violet was next in line for the throne as the ruler of the four lands. She’d defeated the other three candidates successfully and had gained the approval of the other lands, especially with her reputation as one of the strongest warriors for a period of time during the war. At one hundred and thirty-three years old she was ready to lead.

“And for your other task?” he asked. She frowned. She despised this part. The requirement of marriage in order to succeed the throne. It was one of the traditions they kept long before the times of modern.

“I am still looking. No one has measured up, My Lord” she replied with a sigh.

“Good. There’s been a change of plans. A marriage partner has already been decided for you. This will be the chance to officially unite and bury the past of our broken history.” Violet looked at him blankly. She wasn’t sure how to react.

“A-and this person is?” she rubbed her temples. An instant headache hit her.

“The third prince of the Land of Fire, Joshua Theron.”

“IS HE FUCKING JOKING?!” Violet shouted and slapped a hand over her mouth.

“Watch your tone child,” his voice sounded calm but it shook the hall’s walls. Violet knelt while still rubbing her head.

“My apologies my Lord, I did not mean to offend you. However, are you sure about this? The Theron Family has caused us nothing but suffering especially during the times of the war,” she protested.

“Its exactly why you need to do this,” he said. Violet shut her eyes tightly.

“Calm down,” she whispered to herself.

“Father, I can’t agree to this.”

“It is not up for discussion!” She flinched from his tone.

“Fine! Do as you please you shitty old man!” she shouted and bolted out of the main hall. She ignored him as he yelled behind her.

Violet left the castle to go to her one place of peace. A secret sanctuary on the outskirts of the castle that was built just for her as a gift. The sanctuary was permeated with the scent of flowers. Blossoms and blooms of every tone you could imagine was found in the crystal vine covered dome. The plants of the dome would sense her presence and only allow the hearts of those who are worthy to enter.

She tugged off her weapon and coat and plopped herself onto the lounge chair at the center of the dome. She willed herself to sleep. Sleep was her favorite time whenever she could. Especially since she could be alone with them.