Chapter Twenty-One...

A loud knock on the door wrenched Orchid out of a dream heaving and coated in sweat. The contents of this one shook her to the core.

"What the hell do you want?"

"We have a problem. We have to go now," ordered Violet.

"Give me five minutes I'll meet you guys," she cleaned up and changed into a leather bottoms, long sleeved black turtle neck and a black coat embroidered with a black orchid bouquet with a dragon wrapped around its stems.

She looked into the mirror next to the window. She didn't notice before but her eyes changed they were no longer their soulless midnight but glowed the vigorous red Apollo's had. They're a reminder of what she is now, the destiny that has been forced onto her. One she intended to make her own. My expression softened when the realization of what she had to do sunk in.
She met the others down stairs with concern written on their faces.

"What's up?" she asked.

"Hemra has been attacked," said Amaryllis.

"And you know this because?" asked Orchid.

"I had a vision, last night."
"What did you see?" as she recalled the details, they sounded so familiar to her. "...burning roses," muttered Orchid.

Amaryllis and Orchid said in unison and everyone turned to her.

"How do you know?" asked Amaryllis.

"I dreamt it. Back when we were in Dorgrania. Burning roses, ash clouded skies, you guys passed out and..." her words died off when realization hit.

"Lancelot, did you see him in your vision?"

"No, I didn't the only other thing I saw was the gift Violet left Hades for his birthday."

"That could be our timeline," Allyssa interjected.

"Then we're too late. We've been here for almost five weeks," added Violet.

"We what?" Orchid shouted.

"Time flows differently here because Euphoria is no longer here, their balance changes like the tides, their time is inconsistent," said Daunte.

"We need to head back now," said Amaryllis.

"That's the problem, we can't. If I return without the blessing of the other nations. I forfeit the throne," said Violet.

"There won't be a throne to forfeit if we don't go back now," said Orchid.

"Added to the fact that we can't contact Lancelot or anyone on Dorgrania we don't know what happened to Lancelot scouting," said Daunte. Orchid's jaw clenched.

"We got a throne inheritance and potential war on our hands. How do you think we should go about this?" asked Amaryllis.

"Should we split up?" suggested Daunte.

"No way. I don't trust those flame bastards I'm not letting any of you go there by yourself," stated Allyssa.

"Let's wrap up the final trial and go back. Send a small faction of guards and Perseus back to Hemra, he can take one of my familiars to liaise with us."
They looked at Orchid strangely at her sudden straight forward attitude.

"He'd never agree to that," said Violet.

"It wasn't a request," she hissed.

"I think we should go with Orchid's idea," said Amaryllis.

Allyssa and Daunte nodded in agreement.

"Orchid is there anything else we should know? Like why your eyes have changed?" asked Amaryllis.

"We'll discuss that later, Allyssa you're the guardian for Dorgrania, can you connect to anyone or anything on that land?"

"How do you know that?" She questioned, she cursed mentally, she didn't want to say anything to pique their interest "That's not important."

Her explanation about the information she'd acquired from her dreams would have to wait, "just answer the question," she demanded.

"I might be able to feel something from the wind current but that'll take a little bit of time because of how far we are."

"Alright, Amaryllis you come with me, we're going to Lilith's Lake. Violet and Daunte, head back to the ship and get ready to depart."

"Why are you suddenly barking orders and knowing things no one else does?" asked Violet.

"Just trust me, please." they knew she was serious because she asked nicely. They nod and went to their separate tasks.

"You passed your trial, didn't you." asked Amaryllis, as they rode back to the docks.

"You knew?" asked Orchid.

"My ability is access to endless knowledge of the past and to see into the near future."

"Then you should know the reason I asked Lilith for you to have some of the water from her lake."

"I know its properties not the reason for it now."

"Amaryllis, there will come a time where I can't be there with you all anymore, and it will be for a foolish reason. But I will need you to trust me." Orchid spoke as they arrived at the docks.

"I do trust you. What I am curious about is what side you're going to be fighting for one day," Orchid sighed.

"I can't tell you."

"I figured as much, I have a piece of information for you though, don't trust everything in your dreams to be literal, they're cryptic form is to test you." It made sense since Amaryllis' vision and her dream didn't line up.

"You!" Perseus shouted from the deck as they got on.
"You came up with this ridiculous idea," he grabbed Orchid by her coat's collar, Orchid snatched his wrist and he hissed as she twisted it.

"Let go of me," he cursed and she did. He drew back taking out his sword.

"You don't want to do that." Orchid couldn't hold back her smile, Violet came from behind him and commanded him to stop but he ignored her. Orchid threw a spike at his shadow to restrict his movements.

"Are you a brainless dog who can't live without their master?" He scowled at her unable to speak back. "There's a chance that our home is in shambles and you want to bicker with me. You aren't here as anyone's friend. You are here to obey her commands and provide support." She pointed at Violet.

"Do your job or quit being dead weight and holding us back with your pathetic emotions," she released her hold on him and he dropped to his knees.

"Why did you do that to him?" Violet shouted.

"Violet. You're going to be the ruler of our four nations. Learn from now that you are not going to do that by letting your emotions get the best of you. That is your weakness and the fault of our existence being useful all those years." She winced at Orchid's words.

"Why are you being like this?" asked Violet.

"You are on your own now. I'm not going to be there to protect you." Violet paled at her words.

"Orchid, don't you think your words are a little harsh," whispered Allyssa. Orchid scowled at her, she flinched.

"You're keeping something from us, why? You asked us to trust you why can't you trust us?" asked Allyssa.

"Leave her alone. If she doesn't want to say we shouldn't push," Amaryllis spoke calmly, Orchid was grateful for her de-escalation skills. "She's just cranky that you guys woke her up so early," Amaryllis joked and helped Perseus up.

"I'll tend to Perseus, the effects of Orchid's magic haven't worn off. Let's give everyone a chance to cool off," Allyssa helped Amaryllis and Daunte took Violet away to calm down.

Orchid sighed and tried to cool her head. Her outburst was hurtful but necessary. She needed to sever her ties with them. For what's coming, to avoid that dream becoming a reality she need to leave them and as a precaution she needed them to understand the reality, especially Violet.