Chapter Six...

Violet's eyes fluttered opened, they were a light blue with specks of red dancing between them. She got up and looked at him with a blank expression. They stared at each other for who knows how long. Then she spoke.

"I never got to know your name," her voice sent shivers down his spine.

"My name is Daunte," her expression went numb.

"Daunte. The son of a murderer, coward and a traitor," her voice soft.

"Violet, the woman titled 'The Tainted Soul', and my future wife," said Daunte, keeping his tone calm. They both stared at each other with unrecognizable looks.

"Your what?" her eyes brightened.

"You are nothing like what I would've thought," he ignored her sudden defense.

"What do you mean I'm supposed to marry you?"

Her words were thick with panic. Violet didn't know how to speak to him, she rarely spoke to others casually, the other girls handled all forms of interaction.

"I was promised your hand by your father in exchange for helping you."

"You helped me. So you can marry me and do what? Take the throne? I am supposed to annihilate your tribe for taking my brother away from me," said Violet, mocking Orchid's tone.

"I am supposed to kill you and take the throne for myself at my uncle's order," Violet flinched from his words.

"I don't plan to, if I can get the King's help."

Her shoulders remained tense. Their eyes never left each other's at any moment, just taking in each other's sights.

"Thank you for your help. As for this proposal business I'll have to have a word with my father first." She visibly relaxed. Violet disliked all Red Hunters, but he was different. He looked and felt different, added to the fact he helped her she felt a strange connection to him.

"So, Violet if I can call you that," he asked.

"It's better than Tainted Soul," she faintly smiled. Daunte stepped closer. The tiger raised his large head and gave a deep throat growl, he stopped.

"Sir. Tiger I can assure I am no threat," he felt the need to add an honorific because of the intimidation the beast had. The tiger looked at Violet for confirmation, she smiled at him and he laid his head back down.

"You can come, he won't hurt you," said Violet.

"He's a beautiful creature, but isn't he a bit large for his species, maybe you should cut back on his portions," the tiger looked at Daunte and huffed like he was offended.

"Sorry. What's his name?" asked Daunte.

"I haven't given him one yet."

"You should try asking him. I can figure it out," he said as he sat next to her.

"Go on, ask," he urged.

"Alright, what is your name beautiful one?" she said softly.

"You already know my name, ask the tiger."

"I was talking to the tiger," she said stiffly.

"Sorry," he felt bad for his terrible attempt at a joke. He rested a hand on the tiger's side, his eyes widened, Violet looked at him with a puzzled look.

"Violet, give me your hand."

"Why?" she asked even more confused, she hesitated but gave him her hand.

"Close your eyes and put your hand on his head." She closed her eyes wondering what was going to happen.

Violet started to cry. She opened her eyes and hugged the tiger with all her strength.