Chapter Twenty...

“Orchid where the hell have you been it’s been three days," shouted Violet in anger. Her eyes calmed when she saw Apollo in her arms. Orchid couldn’t speak to any of them. She only looked at them quietly.

“Is the boy alright?" Orchid shifted back instinctively when Violet stretched to him.

“Come with me, all of you," is all she managed to say. They walked silently to the Lilith’s Lake.

Lilith’s eyes stiffened when she saw Orchid walking with Apollo cradled in her arms.

“How long was he here?" she asked as Orchid rest him on the ground between them.

“Very long, his raft drifted into my territory. He came with only one sentence. ‘I await my candidate’. So he stayed silently by my side as one of my children, until now," her eyes showed the sadness she felt. Orchid got down on her knees and bowed to her.

“Thank you for looking after my son," she heard the gasps from the girls behind her.

 “And I’m sorry I couldn’t protect Euphoria.” She stood and turned to Daunte.

“I should’ve known your true name long ago, after all I named you,” Daunte’s eyes grew wider.

“Explain," demanded Violet.

“I’m not a personality you created Violet. I’m the soul of a sinner that was placed into you. My original name is Everest Vondrak, I was a witch who worked with the Theron Family along side my brother and Euphoria, Daunte’s mother and my very good friend.” Violet stumbled into Daunte. As they tried to comprehend her words. She decided to continue.

“Euphoria and I worked together, to build the Hunters Association, she provided them with power and knowledge while I trained them. My brother was the face of it all. She and I bonded over our mutual hatred for humans. She wanted to destroy them because they killed her human lover because he was an Etherion sympathizer.” She paused to read their faces, Lilith stayed unfazed Violet and Daunte found their way to the ground, Amaryllis and Allyssa looked at her with eyes of despair.

“Why did you hate them?" asked Allyssa.

“They murdered my husband because he loved me, an Etherion half breed witch. My brother and I grew up in different places I stayed with my mother in hiding while he lived with my father, a human who worked for the Theron family. When I found him I told him everything and he suggested I joined him, that’s when I met Euphoria. Together we worked to develop the Hunters Association, but my brother became greedy. He started killing Etherions and feeding off of their flesh. He feared old age because his mother was human and hated me because of my Etherion blood.” She stopped and looked at Apollo once again, she swallowed hard.

“One night he drugged me and handed me to the Third son of the then head of the Theron Family, he had his way with me. Sometime later I had Apollo. His father wanted nothing to do with him and my brother denied all accusations of being involved. When I tried to leave, he took Apollo from me to keep as bait, so I had no choice but to stay. I had Apollo with me but he poisoned him so that he would need to be given the antidote once every few months or he’d die. So, we stayed. Eventually when my brother gained enough strength, he broke away from the Theron Family, took Euphoria and my son. I killed my son’s father by torturing him till he told me where they were. When I found them, he locked Apollo in an endless nightmare that would break and tear at his mind and soul for eternity. So, I did what no mother should do. I killed my son and myself. Based on the fact that Daunte is here I’m guessing he didn’t kill Euphoria like he said he did and… my brother may still be alive.” She stopped and sank to the floor, hugging herself. Trying to keep her composure. A cool hand raised her chin to meet bright blue eyes.

“Thank you for being by my sister’s side during her time of hurt. Do not blame yourself. Her choices led to her own path," she said softly. The girls came behind me and pulled her into a hug.

“Because of me, Daunte and Messiah had terrible lives. Because of me, Liam was killed. If I hadn’t given into my hate and stopped my brother none of this would’ve happened.”

“I wouldn’t agree on that," Daunte finally spoke up.

“If it weren’t for you, I’d never have been born, I’d never have met Violet or any of you. So, don’t say things that, doesn’t sound like you," he rested a large hand on Orchid’s shoulder with a tender smile.

“I haven’t eaten in three days so if you guys don’t get off of me I’m going to throw up my stomach lining from all this touching," she shrugged them all off, Amaryllis flashed her a there- she- is smile.

“Isn’t there more to this ceremony for Violet?" asked Orchid.

“Already done, Lilith and I are friends now," Violet replied.

“Friends…okay, I think.”

“What? Jealous? I’m sure if you asked she’d be your friend too."

“I’ll pass I can’t afford getting the other sister killed," everyone stiffened at her words.

“That was a joke. Too dark?”

“Way to dark and too soon," said Allyssa. she shrugged and turn to Lilith.

“Do you know, about him?" She paused for a moment then nodded, “What are you going to do with him?" asked Orchid.

“You take him, he’ll benefit you more than me." Orchid picked him up and held him close.

“You were one, now you’re none. Become mine, I’ll give you life, I become yours you give your loyalty as mine. Forever lasting it shall be. Your name is Apollo, as I will so mote it be," she whispered closely with her forehead on his. Her shadow cloaked around his body and absorbed him.

“I need a nap, and food," Orchid stretched with a large yawn.

“Let’s head back to the inn,” said Amaryllis.

They get to the inn and Orchid was shown the room the reserved for her. Its light blue and brown tones in the furniture and sheets brought a wave of peace around her. Peace that was obstructed by her breakdown to the floor as she choked on her own tears, trying to keep her screams in with her hand as the other tries to comfort her shoulder. She completely gave in. The pain, the circle of emotions, the throbbing in her head and chest. They all attacked her every sense and she let them, she crawled to the bed and under the covers as exhaustion took over.