Chapter Seventeen...

The night was approaching as the sun took its leave. She stood with Lancelot admiring the view on a small hill a little ways from the others as they said their farewells.

"So, this is the end," said Lancelot.

"Yeah," Orchid replied quietly with her back turned to him.

"You're going."

"Yeah."

"Will you return to me?"

"No, we spoke about this earlier Lancelot. We agreed that we would part ways," said Orchid.

"No, you decided. I never agreed," he stepped forward.

"It's in your best interests to," she mumbled. "I'm not coming back." She kept her eyes overlooking the sea, she couldn't look at him. They already spoke about this. She'd fell in love with him when she knew nothing about herself. She wanted to find that out. She didn't know what kind of person she'll be if she returned.

"I'm still going to wait for you," he said strongly.

"Why are you so stubborn?" She spun around to see him smiling delicately at her.

"That stubbornness got me to understand you in ways no one else can, I intend to use that advantage fully." She sighed.

"I got to go meet the others," his smile dims, he steps closer to her.

"I have something for you," he takes out a crystal hair pin, it gleamed brightly in the twilight, at one end of it was a crystal orchid, with a dangling red tear drop jewel hanging from its center.

"I made this for you. I know that we talked about it so I'm not pressing further but, Orchid I really care about you, I won't say the other word because I don't want to hold you back, but if you do. I really hope you do, return to me, I'll wait until you do, I'll stop waiting if you return this to me. But I know that you won't change because deep down I've seen and known who you are," those eyes of his could never lie to her, she saw the nervous anticipation and sincerity.

A stubborn fool he is, she thought but smiled inwardly. She takes the hair pin and wrap her hair up loosely and stick it in place.

"You are going to regret this," she states, he shrugs and kisses her on my forehead,

"I'll be waiting, my broken flower."

This person, is a light to my dark abyss and he shone brightly, only for me.

Such soft words echoed inside of her, it felt of hope that just maybe, he was right.

"Hey Violet," Orchid calls out, "Where to now?" They stood on the ship as it ventured further into the sea.

"Selria, Land of Water," she replies surprised that Orchid had spoke to her.

"Really? But isn't Feronia closer?" questioned Daunte at her side.

"Fera said it's in our best interest to head there first, I'm taking her word for it."

"That midget wench is full of secrets."

"Don't call your mother-in-law that," Allyssa nudged her side.

"My what?" asked Orchid.

"You forgot that Dorgranians traditionally make hair pieces out of their own blood and scales as a betrothed symbol. Congratulations on your engagement Orchid," said Allyssa cheerily.

"I'm gonna kill him," she grumbled gaining a chuckle from everyone.

"Princess, we're on course for Selria we should be there in four days," stated Perseus to Violet.